Soothe Sayings

by MsMcDucket 22 Replies latest social entertainment

• daystar
    daystar

My mother was never quite the font of wisdom, though she regurgitated what she thought were sagacious phrases on occasion. My mother said none of what follows.

"All that glitters is not gold; all who wander are not lost" - Name that quote!! (Most certainly not my mother.)

"Every single little decision we make can possibly change the outcome of all the rest of our lives." - Me.

"By all I know of natural law, quantum physics and magick, I should be able to pass my hand through this table by sheer force of will alone!! (whammo!!!) Owowowowowoww!!!!"

• pallemar
    pallemar

never say a secret to a girl, THEY TALKS! ;)
    lauther! is poisen to terror.
    Nothing is so evil, that it is not good for something.

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

My dad describes an awkward task as like trying to poke smoke up a cat's bum with a knitting needle.

My mum says (about biscuits or sweets): When they're gone, they're gone!

And "I'm tired; it's time you went to bed!"

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

My gran said: "A whistling woman and a crowing hen are neither use to God nor men." Or something like that.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

How 'bout this one!

You never get greater than the creator!

• pallemar
    pallemar

Homer simpson
    "Kids you tried and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try!"

• target
    target

My mother often said that you should not say you can't do something if you have never tried. That had a big affect on me.

Now my husband gets them all turned around. He has said:

Balder than an Ace of Spades. That really burned my goat! They have us next to a barrel. Once he pulled the wool from under my eyes.

The list is long. He has never gotten one right yet. There must be a saying for that, too

Target

• serendipity
    serendipity

My mother would say:

"Don't look the gift horse in the mouth."

"You catch more flies with honey than vinegar". (Which was odd coming from her because she wasn't a sweet talker at all.)

"You made your bed, now lie in it"

"Every time a woman gives birth, her husband should have to sh*t a brick-sideways."

"What do you think I am, a slave?"

• pallemar
    pallemar

1. life is like a golfball, you will be hit, a lot of times, and you will end in a hole.

2. a stranger is a friend you haven't meet yet :)

3. make it idiot proff, and some one make a better idiot...

4. eye for eye politiks, ledt to more blindness in the world.

5. and it is nevet to late to have a happy childhodd:)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You can lead a horse to water,but you can`t be a dink..What dosen`t kill you,usually really f**king hurts..Rocks "can" get stuck in your head..The Golden Rule:The people with the gold,make the rules..LOL!!...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit