FREE AT LAST....THANK GOD ALMIGHTY....

by LuciousJ 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

Congrats! Now live!

• james_woods
    james_woods

Congratulations! It is obvious from your comments that this will prove to be a big relief and the good effects are already starting.

As a generality, one of the great points of interest for me on this site is the question to DA or force them to DF? I did the latter about 26 years ago - wrote them enough letters of dissent to their belief that they finally called me and disfellowshipped me without a meeting!

I think if I had it all to do over (and with 25+ years to think about it) - I would do exactly what you have done. And that is what I recommend to other faders now - once you know for sure that it is flawed, it is best to just stand up and walk. It has proven time and again that creating a debate with the elders is pointless - they are not going to reason with you in an honest way. I think it just prolongs the agony.

So, good call!

James

• done4good
    done4good

Congrats!!! Get on with your life!!!

j

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

LJ & JDAWG,

Who let the Dawgs out?

• LuciousJ
    LuciousJ

THANK YOU ALL for your replies. It made my heart rejoice to read such support. Moomanchu & WorldlyAndre......I never laughed so hard. You guys rock! James_Woods.....I'm sorry you had to go through such a time before finally being DF'd. Believe me, we weighed all the pros & cons and the one main reason we DA'd ourselves is because after all the information we've found, we want to be able to still share it with those who will listen (family mostly) without the thought of us being DF'd in the backs of their minds and them thinking we're only saying it because of that. We have been harrassed enough by the elders and wanted them to just leave us alone. Here's the funniest thing. We assumed since no one called Wednesday night that they received the letter. Well, to our dismay, they hadn't because an elder called yet again last night. However, this time, my husband talked to him and told him what we had done and said, please leave our family alone. This particular elder (whom I will admit is very genuinely kind & loving) actually got choked up and said "please before you hang up, remember this: If you ever choose to come back, you will always be welcome".......very sweet thing to say for someone who sadly, probably has no clue about most of the things we know. Nevertheless, it was nice to know there is a JW who truely does care. Yesterday was my little girl's 5th b-day and we had one heck of a party. 14 little friends came and they had the time of their lives. My daughter's face all lit up was worth every bit of grief & anguish we've gone through with the organization since we've left. We are SOOOOOOOO happy to be out and able to show our kids what we never got to have!!!!!!!

Thank you all again. I love everyone of you like you are my family!!! Thank GOD for JWD!!!!

LuciousJ & JDAWG

• lilybird
    lilybird

Congratulations on your new life of freedom from the cult!!!!!

• Mrs.Congeniality
    Mrs.Congeniality

Im so jealous, as you know my hubby wants to wait a little longer cause of his parents. I cant believe you guys beat us out!!!!!!

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

Haha, running for the back door!!! Lemme outa here!! Ahem,..OK kids, when there's a fire, walk orderly out of the building, don't run. Hell with you lady, I'm runnin'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit