The most critical question about the JW and pedophilia?

by Check_Your_Premises 13 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    The most critical question about the JW and pedophilia?

Mine would be: If Jehovah's Witnesses truly abhor pedophilia why then instruct elders to report only where required by law to do so?

Set the wayback machine to the first century. Imagine Jesus or one of the apostles hearing of a child being brutally raped and yet they do nothing to stop it because they were not legally required to do so.

In my old congregation, an elder's son molested his niece (an elder's daughter). No report was ever made to the police and no "theocratic" punishment was given to the elder's son. In my wife's congregation, an offender was caught and convicted. When he was released, he was welcomed back into that congregation with open arms, so open in fact he was placed in his victim's book study. He also never received "theocratic" punishment.

• jgnat
    jgnat

JWs have the best child abuse policy of any religion

An out-and-out lie. All children's workers in my church must take a mandatory course on appropriate behavior, how to spot abuse, and undergo screening before we are allowed to work with children.

http://www.reducingtherisk.com/

• serendipity
    serendipity

The person who wrote that blog thinks that because JWs df some pedophiles, that they have the best policy. That seems to be the sole criteria for identifying what is 'best'.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

3rd witness, it is time for some soul searching on your part.
    The completely criminal and morally bankrupt policies of the WT on child sexual abuse are well known by attorneys, victims and researchers; somehow you conclude that requiring 2 witness to child rape is reasonable.
    TOO many people here, myself included, know intimate details of cases where the victims are df'd and the perp continues in the congregation; my own relative is one such victim, along with 10 other girls in her circuit.
    The perp is still in the congregation; he was publicly reproved for indecent touching, when the entire congregation and half the circuit knows he raped his sister when he was 19 years old, and she was a preteen. She was convinced by the elders to not file charges, and he denied it; therefore he got no punishment.
    The LAW, and social workers, know much more than the likes of you and the elders about how to tell if someone is lying.

So, my friend: to post about the WT's great scholarship on 607 is amusing, and shows us you may not be the brightest bulb on the marquee; to champion the WT's failed, criminal, stupid and immoral sex abuse policy puts you in with them in creating a place where clever pedophiles can prosper.

WAKE UP; Stop defending the indefensible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit