OVERFLOW KH MEETING TONITE!

by MadApostate 21 Replies latest jw friends

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

Farthead:

I see you are as stupid and ignorant as ever, but now even unable to understand simple arithmetic, basic WTS history, and the "big picture".

Anyone with even a moron's understanding of WTS history appreciates that the WTS's growth has historically resulted from repeatedly making apocalyptic predictions of Armageddon, bolstered by world events which "seem" to be fulfilling Biblical prophecy.

The WTS originated from the Millerite movement of the 1830s/40s, which itself made a series of failed apocalyptic predictions for Fall 1843, Spring 1844, and finally Fall 1844. After the movement broke up, and the smaller Advent Christian groups were facing extinction in the 1860s, they started another series of apocalyptic predictions for Fall 1873, Spring 1874, and finally Fall 1874.

Russell was attracted to the Adventist movement by such predictions in 1868/9, but it is uncertain how much he participated in such predictions until his documented association with Barbour in 1876, who by that time was now re-predicting things to happen in Spring 1878. After 1878's predictions failed, and Russell and Barbour split, Russell re-predicted events to occur in Fall 1881.

After that prediction failed, Russell wised up and chose a date further in the horizon, 1914, thus gving himself more breathing room prior to failure, and allowing him to use the events of the Industrial Revolution to point to Bible prophecies. However, the 1914 date was supposed to be a "finale", with "lead-up" events supposedly beginning around 1907-08. When those predicted lead-in events failed to materialize, Russell started hedging on the 1914 "finale", changing such to 1915 as 1914 approached.

Of course, WW1 pulled Russell's gonads out of the fire, and allowed Rutherford to re-predict 1925 as the new "finale" date, with lead-in dates such as 1919 and 1920 seeing the fall of world religions and world governments, respectively.

When those dates came and went without any fulfillment, Rutherford stretched his 1925 predictions into the 1930s as "any time now" predictions, when he too was rescued by WW2, which allowed the "any time now" predictions to continue.

After WW2 failed to turn into the BigA, the world entered the Cold War Era, bolstered by the Korean and Vietnam Wars, as well as regional conflicts all over the globe, including the Middle East. All fed the WTS's apocalyptic predictions, which festered into Franz's next date-setting for 1975. Even since then, there have been undercurrents pointing to 1984, 1994, and then the Millenium.

Starting with only a small handful of friends and relatives in the 1860s, the Org has grown to around 14 million disciples with varying degrees of beliefs.

Yes, the series of failed apocalyptic predictions always resulted in people leaving the Org, but the math speaks for itself. Over the long-term, even failed predictions have resulted in positive growth for the WTS.

It is a formula for success which will inevitably be repeated.

I'm surprised that someone who "fancies" himself the Savior of "hundreds" of xjws from the Org is so short-sighted. Maybe the word "fantasy" is more appropriate.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Mad Apostate,

Is there any way I can Email you sometime?

BTW I went into your "fake" web site.

http://watchtower.org/mo_money/mo_money/we_need_yo_money.htm

ROTFLMAO

hawk

• NotBlind
    NotBlind

Yes, in a congregation in Kentucky, there were over 90 people in attendance (almost 100). This is a place that usually has 70 - 75 people for TMS and SM. The hall was packed out, like CO's visit.

The disaster was mentioned in nearly every talk of the night: (Bible highlights, Bible reading, Announcements, Service Meeting). There was even a special local needs talk about it.

'Sideline' JW's who may have been avoiding meetings are getting scared. Perhaps they fear WW3 and Armageddon is knocking on their door, and they're not going to take any chances.

I was encouraged to see many Witnesses in the congregation truly hurt by what had happened in NYC and Arlington. Unfortunately, the Service Meeting speaker told the cong. to use the tragedy to place more mags and go out in service more.

No mention was made of relief efforts.

• joelbear
    joelbear

Why would it be surprising that people of faith would go to their places of worship for consolation in this horrible horrible time. I am sure that all churches were packed to overflowing at their meetings this week.

Wherever people choose to go to restore some of their peace of mind, I hope it works for them.

My peace of mind is shattered and I am looking for a way to restore it myself.

peace

Joel

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld
    Why would it be surprising that people of faith would go to their places of worship for consolation in this horrible horrible time. I am sure that all churches were packed to overflowing at their meetings this week.

That's not surprising at all. However, this is (well, it isn't but it SHOULD be)...

Unfortunately, the Service Meeting speaker told the cong. to use the tragedy to place more mags and go out in service more.

There's hope for some of them ...

I was encouraged to see many Witnesses in the congregation truly hurt by what had happened in NYC and Arlington.

But you can better beleive that in KHs all accross the country the above was true about 'useing' this to sell more mags. I bet lit sales go through the roof for awhile. THAT's the sad part. And this finally is the worst ...

No mention was made of relief efforts.

Typical. Bethel's OK, they got their sidewalks clean, no need for alarm! Now get out there and sell mags!

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

Anyone else attend (or even drive-by a KH) this week's TMS/SM, or even a meeting for FS?

• Farkel
    Farkel

Mad,

YOU stated this:

: : History has proven that the WTS will always have more stay than will leave.

I replied with this:

: Obviously, you don't know the facts. At least TWICE or THRICE in its history the WTS has lost about 75% of its membership due to the fact that they are chronic liars and chronic manipulators of people who trusted every piece-of-shit they uttered.

Now, if there were 5 dubs and 3 dubs left, would your statement above be wrong? If no, why not.

Instead of admitting you were wrong or challenging me to prove my assertion, you toss in a big red-herring and a "history lesson" on the WTS:

: I see you are as stupid and ignorant as ever, but now even unable to understand simple arithmetic, basic WTS history, and the "big picture".

Basic arithmatic is this, Mad: if there are 5 dubs and 3 leave, then there cannot be a situation where "the WTS will ALWAYS have more stay than will leave." Can you understand this arithmatic, Mad?

The "big picture" you mentioned is a red herring and not relevant to my challenge.

: Anyone with even a moron's understanding of WTS history appreciates that the WTS's growth has historically resulted from repeatedly making apocalyptic predictions of Armageddon, bolstered by world events which "seem" to be fulfilling Biblical prophecy.

Red herring. I didn't take any issue with HOW the WTS got and maintained members, but whether it was true that no-matter-what more dubs will (and have) stay than will (and have) leave/left.

I've only written three or four hundred articles covering various aspects of JW history over the years, so thank you for letting me know they descended from the Millerites!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Farkel

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

notblind, hi well it seems the Service Overseers have it, the answer to terrorism is to go out in service more. Thats the WTBTS answer to everything, pray, go out in service, go out in service some more, and if that doesn't help, we can always go out in service more. I have been waiting months forthe assholes to come to my door so for thier sakes i guess its good they didn't/haven't. my 02 buff

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

More thoughts, on the KHs being fuller. I feel heart sick for those that died in this terrible tradegy, however i feel sick also for those going to a KH looking for solace, because they wont get any, all they will get is more mind numbing GO OUT IN FIELD SERVICE, LETS USE THIS TRAGEDY TO SELL MORE MAGAZINES, LETS FIND THOSE EMOTIONALLY CRIPPLED AND CRIPPLE THEM EVEN WORSE. All problems can be solved by just one more hour in field service. What a bunch of crap and speaking of crap when i read the title of this thread "KH overflow" I immediately thought of a cesspool overflowing, shit does float doesn't it???? I feel sorry for them, because all they are going to get out of going there is a bunch of the same old bull shit. buff

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

Fartface:

Your reply simply makes you look more foolish than did your original post.

That 3-400 history articles figure is likely as accurate as the number of people you allege you are responsible for extracting from the WTS.

You are starting to look like the Board Clown! Can we expect conspiracy theories next?

Go take another gulp, and go fall asleep fantasizing about your importance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit