Presiding overseer just tried calling 2 xs in 10 minutes.

by Cabin in the woods 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

Hhhmm, whats with this? We have an answering machine so why not leave a message?? I am NOT going down some silly game playing road with him and his mop wringing cohorts. What went on at this convention? DAMN!!! I think that I might get my number changed after this. PRIVATE!!

Of course my soon to be ex hubby sat there just looking at the ringing phone when I said that I am not answering it and NOT going to talk! In other words... duhhh so what do I do now Mary??!! Its almost over... keep reminding me, ok?

The other decision that I made was that because I was baptized waayy before 1985 I will seek legal action if they announce me.

They have no right. I have the rights at this point and I am going to exercise them. Aahhh, that felt good.

Later,

cabs

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Cab,

Who's your PO up there now? It's been a while for me. Any oldtimers up there that I might remember?

S4

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Cabs

Your elders sound a bit like the ones in the cong I used to attend, very persistent to the point of becoming a nuisance.

I'd keep them waiting if I were you, and when they get tired of waiting, make them wait some more.

Linda

• earthtone
    earthtone

What type of legal action? And why can you pursue it since you were baptized before 1985? Just trying to be knowledgeable not nosy. Thanks

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

Hi Earthtone,

It is my understanding that the change in the pre baptism questions at the conventions as of 1985 actually now results in you entering into a contract with the Watchtower Society whereas before that you were only publicly entering into a contract with Jehovah God. I was baptized in 75.

Anytime the watchtower makes any changes no matter how minute you have to watch carefully . It is always for their interests and to get more control.

cabs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit