Anyone have the pic?

by Swamboozled 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Swamboozled
    Swamboozled

Anyone have the pic of the society with the Christmas tree in the background taken in the 20's?

Thanks in advance.

Swam

• stevenyc
  • Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

OMG how freaken spooky!

Remember the end of that movie the Shining? the black and white photos on the wall? I thought I saw Mr. Torrence in that photo!

REdRuM

• Swamboozled
    Swamboozled
    Remember the end of that movie the Shining? the black and white photos on the wall? I thought I saw Mr. Torrence in that photo!

LOL!!!!

Thanks!!!!!

• Sherwood
    Sherwood

LOL, the concept is to live & learn, not live & B burned.

The joke will be on your classic recaps for all eternity....

I judge what I see, not humanity.

Love Ya,
    Sherwood

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

That picture is posted in the the personnel department where 4 G.B's work - apart from that picture, they have knorr's original bethel application on display.

they should make that display part of the tour route!

• Sailor Ripley
    Sailor Ripley

When did Jehobee ban Christmas?!?

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Stevenyc -thats fantastic!

Im gonna start sending WBTS chrimbo cards.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Sailor Ripley,

According to the Proclaimers book, page 199, this is how the "revelation" came about.

"This holiday was celebrated yearly even by members of the Watch Tower Society's headquarters staff at the Bethel Home in Brooklyn, New York. For many years they had been aware that December 25 was not the correct date, but they reasoned that the date had long been popularly associated with the birth of the Savior and that doing good for others was proper on any day. However, after further investigation of the subject, the members of the Society's headquarters staff, as well as the staffs at the Society's branch offices in England and in Switzerland, decided to stop sharing in Christmas festivities, so no Christmas celebration was held there after 1926.

"R.H. Barber, a member of the headquarters staff who made a thorough investigation of the origin of Christmas customs and the fruitage that these were yielding, presented the results in a radio broadcast. That information was also published in The Golden Age of December 12, 1928. It was a thorough expose of the God-dishonoring roots of Christmas. Since then, the pagan roots of Christmas have become general public knowledge, but few people make changes in their way of life as a result. On the other hand, Jehovah's Witnesses were wiling to make needed changes in order to be more acceptable as servants of Jehovah.

"When shown that celebrating the birth of Jesus had actually become of greater interest to people than the ransom provided by his death; that the revelry of the holdiay and the spirit in which many gifts were given did not honor God; that the magi whose gift-giving was being imitated were actually demon-inspired astrologers; that parents set an example for tkheir children in lying by what they told them about Santa Claus; that 'St. Nicholas' (Santa Claus) was admittedly another name for the Devil himself; and that such festivals were, as acknowledge by Cardinal Newman in his Essay on the Development of Christian Doctrine, 'the very instruments and appendages of demon-worship' the church had adopted--when made aware of these things, Jehovah's Witnesses promptly and permanently stopped having any part in Christmas celebrations."

• morty
    morty

Holy Christmas!!!!

I did not know that they were celebrating back then!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit