What to say?

by Sparkplug 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Here is tonights questions for homework...Now what am I to say to this? Especially seeing I do not believe most religion at all.... anything really. I am very sceptical. So therefore, I am at a loss of what to write.

"

Write a 1050-1400 word paper that defines the elements of your religious belief system. Include a brief discussion of each of the following topics:
    a. How your beliefs make up a religious belief system.
    b. How you acquired your religious belief system.
    c. The benefits and disadvantages of having your particular belief system.
    d. The role of tradition in your religious belief system.
    e. The role of tradition in religion in general.
    f. Why it is important to be knowledgeable about other people's beliefs and attitudes towards religion."
  • What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

cross out the word religion in some cases and go from there...i dunno no. just a thought. i hope it made sense...i am drinking some nice coffee liqueur

• Spectre
    Spectre

Owwww...that would be a tough one. I like the idea of ignoring religion.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    I like the idea of ignoring religion.

now that is what I am talking about. I swear I have been staring at these questions for hours now. I got nuttin. eeps

I just went and re-read the questions and skipped the word religion. The questions are workable. Good idea. But I bet I still would need a grade.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

If you can pretend you are a witnoid and write from there...that should be easy enough. i think, or at least i try ... still sipping on the liquour, damn i feel good (hiccup). peace.

• deeskis
    deeskis

I reckon you could answer based on agnostic, atheistic or some other beliefs. Surely they don't believe that everyone has a "religeous" belief. The main thing is that you put across a reason for why you believe what you do..............

I bet you could write scrolls on that!?

• bebu
    bebu

If I were your teacher, your JW experience would be an extremely relevent part of your answer. It would help explain the whys of your current belief/non-beliefs.

I'm sure the paper was meant for people to have a chance to examine what they believe; you've been doing this constantly for a long while. You can write an interesting paper off of this kind of question, if you work it right. Assignments like this are not meant to be dull.

bebu

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Oh HELL!

Not am I only still staring at this paper Due in a few hours...I also have one on Hindu Traditions and such due tonight.

To top it all off. I have a huge amount of migraine medicine in my system and I just got a call that my class tonight has turned into...a job interview of sorts and also a chance at a scholarship interview for my masters or MM to be paid...OMG I am freaking out. I dont even know what an MM is? How to do these papers and now look presentaable and have a clear head in 4 hours...or less.

I know nothing about Hinduism. (Is that even a word?)

• damselfly
    damselfly

Would changing the word religious into spiritual help you out at all? I have NO religious beliefs (do anti-beliefs count?) but I do have spiritual beliefs. Very different to me.

<<I just got a call that my class tonight has turned into...a job interview of sorts and also a chance at a scholarship interview for my masters or;.... to be paid...OMG I am freaking out.>>

No need to freak out! You are very deserving of this, you own it. Walk into that class as if the award was already yours. Confidence is the key to many doors in our lives.

• undercover
    undercover
    a. How your beliefs make up a religious belief system.
    b. How you acquired your religious belief system.
    c. The benefits and disadvantages of having your particular belief system.
    d. The role of tradition in your religious belief system.
    e. The role of tradition in religion in general.
    f. Why it is important to be knowledgeable about other people's beliefs and attitudes towards religion."

A. My beliefs keep me from having a religion

B. By applying logic and common sense, I had no choice but to drop religious belief systems

C. Benefit: I don't look to imaginary people (god/jesus) to protect me and save me; I remain planted in reality and deal with issues using what resourses I have. Disadvantage: no communion wine on Sunday morning

D. There is little or no tradition in being non-religious (with the possible exception of slamming the door in Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons faces).

E. Tradition in religion has replaced worship of God or whatever higher being is supposedly being worshipped. If there was a God, he would probably be pissed that man has shuffled him aside for their traditions.

F. So you can tell them authortativley they're wasting their time, if not in believing all that BS themselves, but in bothering me with their proselytizing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit