I didn't tell you guys about my cool "new" toy!!!

by Nosferatu 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

alt

I bought this thing at a garage sale a couple of weekends ago for fifty cents. All I had to do was replace the batteries and it works fine!

It's a TRS-80 Pocket Computer (Model PC-3) that you can program in BASIC. The thing is 23 years old! You can save programs on cassettes (or in my case, burn them onto CDs!) It has a whopping 4K of ram, but the user only gets about 1.2K to play with. That's not a whole heck of a lot, but I was able to program in a nifty little blackjack game, and I'm currently working on a slot machine game. Another pain is typing on the tiny little keyboard.

alt

Also, I think the printer takes thermal paper, and I have no clue where to get that, but I didn't buy it for the printer.

I always wanted one of these things, and I'm so happy that I found one for fifty cents! Lotsa fun!

• Ticker
    Ticker

Sounds like you will get your moneys worth. LOL

I would had some games to give you a few years ago as I used to own one but unfortunately I got rid of it. Well have fun creating some programs with it, Im sure it will be thrifty entertainment for some time to come.

Ticker

• CyrusThePersian
    CyrusThePersian

I used to have one of those! The only thing I did with it was use the calculator part. I also didn't have the nifty printer attachment. Oh well...

CyrusThePersian

• Arthur
    Arthur

After describing it to us, I began to think that you payed too much. Oh, by the way, I have some old mayonaise in the fridge if you would like to buy it off me.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

they still sell the thermal feed printer paper at office max / office depot type stores.. i 've seen it there in the past couple of months.

neat find but i cant see your pics.

• Kudra
    Kudra

Neat-o. You sound like my friend when he found a Super-8 video recorder. It was all he could talk about.

• VM44
    VM44

Excellent!

Good find Nosferatu!

Now, you will want to download this PC-3 Operations manual!

http://www2.asub.arknet.edu/wade/pc3manual.htm

--VM44

• Confession
    Confession

Don't remember the pocket TRS-80--but I have many fond memories of models 3 and 4 when I was in high school. The Trash-80 lives!

• Twitch
    Twitch

GOSUB 144000

BS

RETURN

:-)

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Now, you will want to download this PC-3 Operations manual!

I already did, and I downloaded the program tape that comes with it :)

I also downloaded the TRS-80 Pocket Computer Programs book.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit