Write and tell her!

by Gordy 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gordy
    Gordy

This is the item Carol Malone wrote in the Sunday Mirror. TIME TO EAT YOUR WORDS..

IF you're a regular of this column, you'll know I spit in the face of political correctness. However a woman from Hampshire called Jean Grove has had a sign outside her house for 30 years which says: "Our dogs are fed on Jehovah's Witnesses."

Now THAT I find offensive. Because while I think their stance on blood transfusions is nothing short of criminal, every one of them I've ever met (and quite a few have knocked on my door over the years) has been unfailingly polite, charming and decent.

What's more they care enough about their their religion to get off their backsides and go out and talk to people about it. They don't hurt anyone and they sure as hell don't bomb anyone in and effort to convert them.

Mrs Grove thinks it's ludicrous that this could be deemed a "hate crime". Perhaps if one of her neighbours put up a sign that said: "Our dogs are fed on silly insensitive old women like Jean Grove," she might get

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/carolemalone/

If you wish to write to her the address is:

[email protected]

They may not bomb anyone but they have silently killed thousands with their blood doctrine.

• mama1119
    mama1119

Does she know how many people are hurt by disfellowshipping and shuning, how that destroys lives??? And where can I get a sign like that???

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

I wrote her this E-mail:

To Carol Malone

Hi there. First of all, let me introduce myself: My name is XXXXX XXXXXXX, I`m a norwegian, and I was born and raised a Jehovahs Witness. I left this "religion" at the age of 16, thank God. I read your column, in which you defend the people that were upset about the sign "Our dogs are fed on Jehovahs Witnesses" in New Hampshire. You claim to "spit on political correctness", but I wonder: Do you really? Is religion a "holy cow"? Why can you not ridicule religion? Is it allowed to think "hm, perhaps some religions really ARE shit!!!" (because, you know, some might actually be just that!). And if so, should it not be allowed to express this publicly, at least with a sign in ONES OWN back yard? I certainly think so. By the way, would you have been upset if the sign had said "Our dogs feed on salesmen"? I don`t think you would, you would probably see some humour in it. What then makes it wrong to have a sign like Jean Grove? Because the Jehovahs Witnesses are, whether you`ll believe it or not, SALESMEN! They are unpaid, brainwashed salesmen for a publishing company (sweet deal for the Watchtower Scoiety) that are out there trying to recruit MORE unpaid Salesmen for this book`n magazine-publishing company, posing as a religion. There is nothing wrong in having a sign that tells these people to sod off.
    I was particularly upset by this part of your article:

"They don't hurt anyone and they sure as hell don't bomb anyone in and effort to convert them."

There is so much wrong about that statement, that I don`t even know where to begin. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Sincerely, XXXXX XXXXXXX

...not sure what good it will do, though. These politically correct people are usually pretty stubborn.

• Hamboozled
    Hamboozled

Hey......It's a start. They come across as being innocent people spreading news about the bible. I can see her viewpoint, but tell her to ask a witness if one of their children was about to die on the operating table and in order to save the child's life they would have to accept blood and would they?!?!?!?!? Bet she would whistle a different tune after they responded.

• aniron
    aniron

I have written and told her how my wife and other family members have been forbidden to talk to me.

Also mention that about the blood doctrine.

Refered her to the Silentlambs website.

• mama1119
    mama1119

I did just write her, thanks for the info!!!!!!!!!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

She obviously understands very little of how the jws really operate, apart from knowing about the stance on blood, which most people are aware of. She may well get a lot of replies to her article, I have just sent one myself, and it will be interesting to see if she does a follow - up article in a future edition of the paper.

It has been said that a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing. In her case, this is apparently true.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit