The Organization is destined to fade away

by suavojr 26 Replies latest jw friends

• millie210
    millie210

I think homogenization is what we are seeing.

Similar to things Joe Grundy mentioned above. I must say that if I was going to leave the truth - now is the time when I would most want to jump.

All the changes leave me cold. They seem stupid and like "any other religion out there". So this is exquisite timing fade wise!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

How happy we can be that neither Jehovah nor his organization is anything like that!

Thats why we are throwing out just about all of are old doctrines that are now deemed redundant and impractical and adhering to new ones, ones that will sound more truthful and honest in are every day preaching work.

PS. this is what Jehovah would want

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

I don't think most JWs are as loyal as many think. Lots of JWs have egos the size of small planets. They're sincere - sure - but arrogant as hell. And as soon as the Society offends their sensibilities (yes, some JWs do have sensibilities) I don't think most JWs would stick around.

The KH has become a social club. It's no longer a homogenous group of fundamental believers. And as soon as the "cool kids" start leaving - so too will the groupies.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

suavojr - "The Organization is destined to fade away"

That is typically how extinction occurs with most organisms; it's rarely sudden.

But to quote Def Leppard (and the Kurgan), "It's better to burn out than fade away!"

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

coded logic - " Lots of JWs have egos the size of small planets. They're sincere - sure - but arrogant as hell. And as soon as the Society offends their sensibilities (yes, some JWs do have sensibilities) I don't think most JWs would stick around."

Partly true.

What a lot of people don't realize, though, is that large egos are actually very fragile.

x

Some, when "offended" by the WTS, would definitely be inclined to walk...

...but a solid number will bend over and take it, due to that insecurity (the people the WTS wants to keep, I might add).

• Jay Elle
    Jay Elle

I agree with many here on the matter of kids leaving for these reasons

1. There are no JW dating potentials.

2. JW Kids are depressed losing the normal JW friends to the "world"

3. Kids are on the Internet and are not scared of apostates the way the old timers are.

4. Kids have no patience for the hate speeches of the anti gay rhetoric. Since many are friends with gay kids in school.

5. Meetings are boring to them.

6. Tons of their JW parents are getting divorced leaving kids more open to their own minds and losing respect for authority.

7. They want money. Education is necessary for that. I think the parents want their kids to have money too since they are carrying the burden of their own parents ....who were suppose to never die.

8. Being a JW is not fun. No activities and the halls are mostly fighting each other now so not as many are getting together. At least where i am from.

9. Other JW kids have successful double lives. They recruit too. LoL

10. Teen JW girls do not want the male dominated life they watched their mother serve. Chauvanists are out.

11. The website and tv channel are not impressive to the young people. I would say the tv shows are ridiculous to them and the web site is just a normal web site not a miracle.

12. any new teens that stay in and marry in will have an even higher divorce and df rate then i am watching their parents have.

13. Teens cant even dry hump without getting dfd. ....lol. neither can adults. ..Loop hole gone.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Jay Elle...

Damn; who would have thought that those annoying, snot-nosed kids would end up being our greatest weapon?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit