Is there a named and shamed site?

by Afrancis 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Afrancis
    Afrancis

I would like to know if anyone has started a named and shamed site. Its that I know so much bad stuff thats happened in so many congregations involving elders, ministerial servants and others. it would be great if someone could put them up ? PS i understand the legal stuff but if there is proof i dont care!!!

please ad links if one exists

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi Afrancis, and welcome to the board.

I don't know if such a site exists, but you do need to be careful about such things. You know how litigation - conscious the wts is these days.

• Arthur
    Arthur

You may want to talk to some people who have acutally "named names" before. I know that at least one person on this site did so. They said that they were threatened with a law suit. Even if you have "proof", the legal costs involved in defending yourself in court can be enormous.

Those are just my two cents.

• Afrancis
    Afrancis

yeh i know what your saying but dont that contridict themselves?

number 1) what is a genuine witness doing in here reading stuff?

number 2) why would they waste their time in bringing down court orders if the beliefs are "wait on jehovah for he will bring judgement..."

number 3) if they were going to protest their innocence anyway, who are they going to protect? im sure they would have all the elders on there side, not batting an eyelid, and unless anything scriptual was proven nothing would be done anyway

and finally 4) ITS PLAIN JUSTICE FOR ALL OF US EX -WITNESSES THAT HAVE BEEN THROUGH sh** , HAD NO SUPPORT FROM THE "BLESSED ONES" AND HAVE JUST GIVEN UP

AMEN PS it could be done anominously, no usernames, or emails just name, congregation, country, and brief description/ essay!!! and Shame level out of 10 how will anyone one know?

maybe i should start one.....

• Arthur
    Arthur
    yeh i know what your saying but dont that contridict themselves?

number 1) what is a genuine witness doing in here reading stuff?

number 2) why would they waste their time in bringing down court orders if the beliefs are "wait on jehovah for he will bring judgement..."

1) Well, according to others on this site who have experienced this kind of thing, there are Witnesses who go "fishing" by doing Google searches under key phrases and names in order to "bring down" apostates who may have not been DFd yet. For example, there are elders who will do a google search under their own name if they suspect that former Witnesses are defaming them. 2) As far as litigation is concerned, the Watchtower Society and Witnesses will not think twice about suing those who are "enemies of Jehovah" or "apostates" if defamation is involved. The whole "wait on Jehovah" thing applies to JWs not suing fellow JWs; it does not apply to ex-JWs. Personally, I'm not trying to say what you should or shouldn't do. I'm not trying to be preachy or anything. I'm just saying that others who have tried such things have found themselves in a big hassle afterwards. Caution and good judgement is the key.

• okoakridge
    okoakridge

Countless exJW websites show compiled already existing, reputable published news articles. For example silentlambs.org has numerous articles referencing CBS, Dateline NBC, BBC etc.

You can reliably stick to those. If you do feel a compelling need to for example name a convicted child molester then you would need to give proof the person had been convicted such as by citing a paper or a website. I believe Congress just recently passed a law for setting up a national website at which concerned persons can check by zip codes to see who the convicted pedophiles are.

If a person has been jailed but not convicted then news articles can and do state that he is "alleged" to have done such and such, but not say or imply he is definitely guilty.

Do use the freedom of speech that the laws of your land provide for, but in doing so be careful as the Watchtower Society knows its days are limited and is like an old decrepid dragon trying to lash out with its tail. Any actions should be via the shield of love and the sword of the real truth including Caesar's courts and police officers as per Romans 13:1.

• Afrancis
    Afrancis

hmm, thanks for all your replies, I never really thought about the consequences of ex-JWs i was merely thinking about the way the organisation is built. for example if a named and shamed site did exist i would be posting my experience of the way the elders shove everything under the carpet. (mum and dad married for 25 years dad a ministerial servant, cheated on mum , and up to now is still denying that he is with this other woman, he vanished himself off the earth, until he caught himself out by going to another congregation in another part of the country with the other woman, and introduced himself as this woman being his fiancee, when hes not even scriptually divorced. Then to make matters worse when he was confronted by elders about this so called relationship his reply was, im not sleeping with her... i cant ...im IMPOTENT!!! (yet hes living with her alone)

Do u see where im coming from? this has been going on for a period of 8 years and no justice has be given especially to my mum still a genuine witness, and wants to move on with her life, witnesses have given statements of seeing them together and this has still not been resolved.

This is my idea of named and shames ps i would like to discuss this topic of my mum and dad in a new thread, full story click link

• dido
    dido

I did post a thread on this a couple of weeks ago, but it got taken off incase of legal reasons, but i thought it would be ok just to mention the congs that the bad elders were in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit