College -- Online vs. Classroom

by Jourles 18 Replies latest jw friends

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I've done both, most recently online. The only thing you'll miss is the commute!! I attended Strayer University online.

I may go back to regular college because I'm considering a change in major from B.S. in business administration to registerd nursing.

• beachbum
    beachbum

I did my undergraduate degree via a weekend program which was quite intense and required discipline, mandatory attendance, and lots of research. I did my MBA program via online. I received my degree in 2004. It's funny my former industry didn't 'appreciate' the graduate degree being that it is online. I am in a very different industry that truly respects this degree. I like the online version, as someone indicated, it's a great commute. I met many cyberstudents and interacted, shared ideas, and felt it was a satisfying experience.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Going to classroom always worked for me, besides there were always plenty of other students who would ask questions I didn't want to ask fear of looking stupid, glad to know there were many of us in that class he he he

I also love some classes that had open discussion that was awesome, those classes I found it more fun than a just some class I needed to take.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

One advantage of doing it online is that you dont have to worry about parking

To me it would depend on the subject. There are some where I would want classroom participation in and discussion and some classes that I would have to take in order to get a degree and that really isn't part of my major I would do online. I have noticed that some places charge more for you taking it online; at least they used to. I dont know about that now.

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

I'm doing online classes right now. I don't think it's too bad. Being a single mom, it's working out great for me. I'm working with the College of University of Phoenix. So far I've been hitting around an A-. You do have to be diligent in your studies, but that would be the same if you go to a classroom. My major is in RN. I'm completing my first quarter in about 2 weeks.

For me, going the traditional way of college isn't really possible for me. But if you are WANTING to learn. If you have motivation, then it should work out for you just fine.

FF

• ronin1
    ronin1

Hi:

I have taken on-line classes at Nova Southeastern University in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. Right now I am on hiatus for the remainder of the year.

I thought I would not like it bacause of like the class room setting. However, I really do like the on-line classes. Yes, they are harder and require more assigned papers and work, but the convenience of being in your own comfort zone and not have to rush to a class ( after work) is great.

Ronin1

• mavie
    mavie

I am doing the online thing right now. LOVE IT. I get my work done so much quicker. You have to have discipline though.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I took an online class, but didn't put much heart into it because it was a math class, and I already was doing another math class. I tend to get sidetracked easily, so I don't think I could do all classes online. Besides, the classes I'm taking can't be online anyhow...

• pamkw
    pamkw

I did the online college thing for about 9 months, then I got a promotion at work. With more work I just didn't have time to do college. I found online to be easier as far as being home, but hard because everything had to be written. And it was harder to get help if when I needed it. I would probably do online agan just because it fit better into my schedule. But since I now have a better job, I put my degree on hold. And I am kind of glad I did, I didn't realize how much of my time was taken up with schoolwork until I quit. I have so much less stress now. Pam

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit