Wow....Long time since i've been here

by blaid 18 Replies latest jw friends

• anewme
    anewme

Hi ya Blaid, nice to meet you!

Anewme

• blaid
    blaid

Abridged Update: Moved out when I was 17, moved to Kennewick, WA in the winter of 2004, got hired by BestBuy in Feb of 2005, got promoted to full time Geek Squad in March, moved out of Kittie's and Doc's house in April, (due to their divorce) and got an apartment in Richland, WA. While in Richland, and working for the Geek Squad, I met my current girlfriend/soon to be fiance. I moved back out of Richland, and into an Apt in Kennewick again, but this time with my girlfriend. There was a mix up at work with tax being charged to a client, and I got the blunt end of Corporate's stick. I got fired. To make bills, I searched for job's untill I almost passed out, I got 3 jobs, Pizza hut, Carmike Cinemas, and radioshack. Worked from 8 am until about 12 am 7 days a week to keep bills under control, and food in our mouths. THat last for about a month, when the Geek Squad Supervisor realised just how badly they got behind without me there, and they offered me my job back, with a promotion, company car, and a significant raise. Needless to say, I took the offer. And now we are living in our apartment in Kennewick, saving for a new house and raising our new puppy together. Haven't had anything to do with the Witnesses in almost 2 years now. Questions?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Boy oh boy. Graduated to adulthood the hard way. But you made it! Good for you!

Here's a link just for you, you've earned it. http://www.cafepress.com/xjwu

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Yes blaid, I remember you very well. You had a tough time. Are your parents talking to you or have they shunned you?

I'm glad you've made it this far.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Hi Blaid -

I joined JWD during your absence.

Sounds like you've actually been living your life. I always like to read the posts of people like you have moved on and the let their old friends/support system know how their doing.

Congrats on all the growth and best of luck to you!!

-Aude.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

I remember you, blaid. Nice to see you back.

Sounds like things are moving fast for you. Don't forget to stop and smell the roses. Seriously.

j

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings Blaid,

Congrats on your promotion. I know some young people who could learn a lesson with the tenacity you've displayed in job hunting.

Dismembered

• blaid
    blaid

have any big changes happened since ive been gone? I notice that the chat room is gone?

• avengers
    avengers
    Guten Tag.

To ensure all users feel safe and keen to participate, please avoid: Posting in a language other than English. Just messin with ya. When are we gonna sit and have a beer? Andy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit