what about celebrating?

by Swamboozled 22 Replies latest jw friends

• delilah
    delilah

Celebrating the holidays came easy to me, as I remember celebrating them all, before my parents converted to J-dubism. It's such a good time for celebrating family too.

I LOVE the holidays...so do my kids...I go all out in the decorating for Christmas, especially. I love it. Enjoy!!!

• bubble
    bubble

Christmas 2005 was the first one I celebrated even though I've been df'd for 4 years.

It was great, turkey lunch, champagne breakfast and prezzies for the kids. I didn't decorate the house though, realised that I don't know how to!! SAD ain't it??

• garybuss
    garybuss

I celebrate everything. There's absolutely nothing I won't celebrate. I LOVE celebrations!

• Nowman
    Nowman

Even though I am agnostic, I celebrate it all. I love each and every moment of it! So do my kids. Good for you swaamboozled for having make up B-day parties for your kids! Thats awesome.

Nikki

• parakeet
    parakeet

I celebrated Christmas again in my late 20s after a 15-year gap. It was a blast!! It's been my favorite holiday ever since, with Halloween a close second.
    Each Christmas reminds me of the Christmases my family used to have when I was a child, before the JWs arrived to blight our lives. I bake enough cookies for my husband, my son, and our (nonJW) relatives, friends, and neighbors. We always have a real tree, and when we decorate it, each ornament recalls something our son made for us when he was small, vacations we have taken, people we know, and family who have died -- it's a deeply emotional time. We open our gifts on Christmas Eve, always accompanied with a glass of wine and Belgian chocolates. On Christmas day, I bake a monster smoked ham, purchased from a local butcher. All our family gathers together (minus the JWs, of course) and enjoy the ham plus all the trimmings, and they open the gifts we have saved for them. After everyone has left, my husband and I sit with ham sandwiches and watch the snow (if any). It's like "A Christmas Story," but without all the mishaps.

• Hamboozled
    Hamboozled
    I celebrate everything. There's absolutely nothing I won't celebrate. I LOVE celebrations!

LOL!!! I'm with you Gary! Let's celebrate!

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I love all holidays, I am like a kid during Halloween, and christmas. Oh and Thanksgiving, damn Turkey, Mashed potatoes, gravy Green beans, Hell I will bitch slap a governing body dude for some stuffing

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

I can't seem to bring myself to celebrate anything. Even my wedding anniversary is pretty low key.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

We celebrate them all. Living in the filipino community, where holidays are heartily celebrated, makes it all the more fun. Especially for the kids. I could care less if I never get another birthday or christmas present, because watching the innocent joy in our childrens eyes, is gift enough for me.

• bubble
    bubble

Bigmouth, I think you'll find if you celebrate everything with gusto for a year you'll find it much easier the following year.

Have a go, you've got nothing to lose and you might even enjoy it!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit