Will they Eliminate the District Convention?

by kid-A 37 Replies latest jw friends

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    I went to the majority of my DC's at Jack Murphy (now Qualcomm). I don't ever remember hearing about getting the stadium for free in exchange for cleaning it.

Right on! It'll always be The Murph in my heart. About the deal, I doubt we get it for free, but the cleaning thing is like what I quoted above. I've heard from comments from various elders that the city is pleased with the cleaning we do, and is pretty lenient in dealing with the witnesses.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I sure hope they don't stop the District Conventions. It would mess up my aposta-plans to initiate Project Poop for next year's DC.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu
    I sure hope they don't stop the District Conventions. It would mess up my aposta-plans to initiate Project Poop for next year's DC.

Could be one the reasons to eliminate DCs "security issues".

BONUS: villify ex JWs

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Some folks here may be confusing the 'International' conventions with the 'District' conventions.

I remember the International ones... and yes, they seemed to last almost a week.

One that I went to in - or around 1978 - was in Houston, TX, and the preparations for it started late Sunday night (well, after midnight - so it was actually Monday morning).

That convention started... on Tuesday??? or Wednesday???

Anyway... just thought I'd toss that into the mix.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Jourles
    Jourles

Saginaw, MI DC news blurb

Sounds like they might have got the venue for free in exchange for cleaning it.....hmmm

For the past few years, the DC for Michigan has been bouncing around. First it was in Ponitac at the Silverdome, then it moved to Dayton, OH, now it's up in Saginaw. Obviously it's whoever has the best $deal$.

• blondie
    blondie

I'll amend it and say "summer" conventions. International or district, it was still 8 days from 9 am to 9 pm.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Wouldn't surprise me to see them go to two days only. Think about the donation pattern everyone donates big on the first morning, then on the afternoon of the last day everyone gives there "left over" money. That middle day is a loser day for donations so you have all the expenses of the other days without the money to show! DROP THAT MUTHA!

Just my two sense... Cents!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Wow Blondie, thanks for that trip down memory lane!

Was there actually two 4 day conventions in the 1990s? I only seem to recall ever attending one. I remember waiting to find out if I was going to rot for 3 or 4 days.

I also seem to recall the 3 1/2 day ones, with the program starting Thursday afternoon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit