Should there be an emancipation campaign for women elders?

by badboy 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

The congregational office of "ministerial servant" is supposedly based on the "deacons" of the NT, so why then are there no female "ministerial servants" even tho there were female deacons in the early church?

• RR
    RR

IN the early years of the Watch Tower movement, under Russell, there was deaconesses

• La Capra
    La Capra

Can you imagine what would happen if the JW women, in solidarity, went on a strike for equal rights (er "privileges")...No more service, no more comments, no more bible studies, no more writing their husbands' talks. If the women at Bethels stopped cleaning and doing laundry,...stopped providing marital due...

Hoo boy. In Lysistrada, they stopped a war (and were funny about it too..)

I might show up to watch that.

Shoshana

• La Capra
    La Capra

Can you imagine what would happen if the JW women, in solidarity, went on a strike for equal rights (er "privileges")...No more service, no more comments, no more bible studies, no more writing their husbands' talks. If the women at Bethels stopped cleaning and doing laundry,...stopped providing marital due...

Hoo boy. In Lysistrada, they stopped a war (and were funny about it too..)

I might show up to watch that.

Shoshana

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I think this BLATENT sexism speaks to many levels of the society and I for one could get behind the charge! Think of all the sisters suffering in this napkin headed organization! I'm tired of the suffering! Lets all work together to END THE SUFFRAGE OF WOMEN WORLDWIDE WITHIN THE NEXT YEAR!

End the suffrage of woman in 07!

• badboy
    badboy

AMEN!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit