Is this life all there is???

by Core88 24 Replies latest jw friends

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

I had these same questions too when I was just beginning to understand the truth about the JW religion. I decided not to make any decision about these sorts of beliefs for a very long time. I tend to think there is probably not a god in the sky or an afterlife, but I really don't know for certain. And I won't know for certain, ever. So it's hard to accept that. But not knowing isn't so bad. I don't think it's reasonable to throw the burden of certainty on people when there is really no way people could be certain of any of these "mysteries". Beliefs are irrelevant. If we want to invent a god or an afterlife to ease our minds, that's fine. It can even be fun. And we know it can be dangerous, but not always.

It is what it is (or isn't) and "it" doesn't depend on our beliefs. That's all I've got.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Welcome core!

• poppers
    poppers

I want to welcome you, Core88, and wish to echo JamesThomas's words. Do yourself a favor and look up more of his posts. He has a way of pointing you to something real and powerful that once seen will change how life is viewed and lived.

• Hamboozled
    Hamboozled

Is this life all there is? NO! Why do I know that? Because I do believe in the bible. Even though I am deprograming myself right now from what was taught to me for 35 years I know the bible well enough to know that God has something in store for us after our life on earth is done. I'm excited about it, but I'm not rushing to die anytime soon though !!! Keep the faith (that the bible teaches) and you will be good!

Best wishes!

• mariposa
    mariposa

Welcome Core88 -

We're kinda in the same timeframe - it's been about 3 years since I faded and I had been ready to go back when I found this site a year ago. I still don't know what to believe about this life that we live and I surely don't have any ideas of what happens when we die. I'm just living for the moment and we'll see what happens next. This past year has been a blur...I got a 12 month old, we moved ,I started a business so I really haven't had too much time to think about it.

I really took to heart what James Thomas said. I hope you get as much out of the people here as I have!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit