Special Event Assembly?

by lisavegas420 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Update....

I wrote my cousin that recieved the invitation this email:

I shared your email with a few people on the JW forum I chat on and I was asked a few questions:
    • Is this sponsored through the convention or a congregation or an individual JW or group of JWs?
    • Doesn't sound like an "official" event....do you have any more information?
    • Maybe it is like the special Olympics, but for jws?
    Let me know... Love ya Lisa
    And my cousin wrote back this:
    I threw it all out and the trash came today. It didnt have a senders name on the envelope, just a return address, which is the Kingdom Hall thats right down the street from us. There was a half sheet of paper, typewritten that said soemthing about an invitation to a special event. The color flyer was for an event on the last day of the district assembly here in Rochester that was open to the public, or at least those of us with a "special invitation" LOL. I should have saved the flyer for you but didnt think to. As soon as I saw who it was from, I shot it out. I think the assembly was entitled something like "Deliverence is at hand" Sorry I couldnt be of more help. Love ya too
    My My My...my guess is someone was just puttin' in field service time by sendin' out flyers lisa
  • Stealth453
    Stealth453

maybe it is like the special Olympics, but for jws? Does that mean I have to wear my formal diaper?

• blondie
    blondie

Lisa, that sounds like someone was mailing out those WT invitations inviting people to the public talk on Sunday of the DC.

The WTS instructs that JWs use their home address or the KH address.

km 12/01 p. 8 par. 4 Blessings From Showing Appreciation for Jehovah’s Love—Part 2 ***

We could write letters, giving a brief witness by mail ... We can enclose one of our timely tracts that has an appealing Bible-based message and encourages the recipient to respond if he has any questions. Use your personal return address or that of the Kingdom Hall; please do not use the branch office address.

Blondie

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

My mother and another sister in her hall regularly mail out letters to people. I haven't heard her say they mailed out invitations, but it is possible. They do this in place of door to door (health reasons I suppose).

BB

• sspo
    sspo

I really would like to know with all the efforts of trying to contact people in person or thru mail, how many people ever show up to check out the convention? HARDLY ANY

If anyone ever shows up, they usually make a big deal by announcing it trying to prove that their work is not in vain.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit