SHOCKING BAIT & SWITCH DOGMA FOR CA$H

by DannyHaszard 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Danny, thanks for keeping us up to date. I just emailed the writer of the article and attached this letter:

Dear Ms. Webster,

I am compelled to write this letter in response to the short article that you recently wrote for your paper regarding the Jehovah’s Witnesses. In the article you make a statement regarding a certain belief of the Jehovah's Witness religion. I wish to inform you that the statement you made is false.

In the article it stated that the Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe that only they will be able to win salvation. I am writing to tell you that this statement is a clear deception of what this religion truly believes, and I know this, as I was one of them for nearly 12 years. When representatives of the religion made this statement to you, they knew that they were lying as not telling the full truth is the same thing as telling a lie, please let me explain.

While the Watchtower organization and individual Jehovah’s Witnesses are careful to not tell the outside world that only the Jehovah’s Witnesses will be saved, this is truly what they believe and teach. When they say that others may win salvation (as if anyone can “win” salvation from Christ), they mean only those who become Jehovah’s Witnesses and part of their organization BEFORE the tribulation or God’s judgment comes upon all men. Their belief is that although most of the world is not Jehovah’s Witnesses right now, through their door to door preaching they hope to convert them to their faith. If people do not convert to the Jehovah’s Witness faith now while there is still time to do so, and God’s judgment comes, they will be destroyed, they and their families as well.

Therefore, by saying others can be saved is being deceptive to the public. As they are leaving out the part that others can win salvation only IF and WHEN they convert to the Jehovah’s Witness faith prior to the judgment time. They do not believe that when the time comes if you are a Catholic, Baptist, Protestant or any other Christian faith that you will be saved. The Watchtower Organization, which is the Publishing Company for the Jehovah’s Witnesses continually makes the claim in their books and magazines that the only way to be saved, is by joining their organization. And this was the case prior to my joining and since I have left. The fact that I believed this teaching and taught it, well I am still ashamed of it although I have been out of this religion for over 2 years now. Here is a quote from the book I studied to become a Jehovah's Witness called “You can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth”:

Page 255, second paragraph states: Do not conclude that there are different roads or ways that you can follow to gain life in God's new system. There is only one. There was just the one ark that survived the flood, not a number of boats. And there will be only one organization - God's visible organization (The WT Society) - that will survive the fast approaching "great tribulation". It is simply not true that all religions lead to the same goal. You must be part of Jehovah's organization, doing God's will, in order to receive his blessing of everlasting life.

This is just one quote but there are thousands and thousands of them just like this one. Any brief look into their literature will show this. The Jehovah's Witnesses believe only those in their organization who believe what they do are saved because they believe that all other Christian religions are really misled and worshiping the Devil. They also believe everyone and everything in this world that is not Jehovah’s Witness is Satanic. This includes the people, governments, social systems, everything. All current and former members of this religious cult know this to be true. And as I stated earlier I am still ashamed to have believed and taught this rubbish.

I am writing so that your readers will know the truth and I ask you to please print a retraction to this story.

Thank you in advance,

Lillian Cruz, Boston MA

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

That reply rocks Lil! Good job!

What a weird statement to make in the first place about a religion dont you think? I mean if someone were interviewing a Catholic would you ask them if they think they are the only ones who will survive Armageddon?? Obviously the person being interviewed said "Hey...you might like to put in there that we DONT think we are the only ones ...blah blah blah because we get a bad rap about that." And the guy doing the interview who is clueless went "Hey ok..no problem."

Its spiritual warfare...no one who is Gods enemy is ENTITLED TO THE TRUTH.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

lovedubs,

I think you really hit the nail on the head! I thought the same thing as you when I read the article. It is another opportunity for the WT to try to cast themselves into a good light instead of a bad one. It is getting harder for them because the number of us "apostates" is growing every day and hopefully soon, by each of us removing one brick at a time, we will topple the tower completely! If I get a response regarding my letter I will post it here. Lilly

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Thank you Lillian your our heroine

These well-known characteristics are true, but there are commonly held myths, too: Yes, they consider themselves Christians, but no, they do not believe that they are the only believers who can win salvation .

Nobody gets interviewed without authorization from WT HQ the intent here is to deceive and promote WT sales & recruiting as moderates.

It's a lie that the Watchtower can spin and mealy-mouth that they mean the resurrected faithful.We were all taught that anyone outside the 'ark of salvation' was doomed

Just like the Deliverance is at Hand DC theme this summer the fine print is that this doesn't mean the new system is imminent but 'deliverance is through salvation of Jesus Christ' a 2,000 year old doctrine.

Yes Jehovah's Witnesses are the perfect storm of deception just like satan.

• blondie
    blondie

If you need WTS statements:

w89 9/1 p. 19 Remaining Organized for Survival Into the Millennium ***

Only Jehovah’s Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil. (Revelation 7:9-17; 2 Corinthians 4:4) They will make up the "flesh" that Jesus Christ said would be saved through the worst tribulation of all human history

km 5/99 p. 2 Service Meetings for May ***

What’s Wrong With My Religion? Discussion between two ministerial servants. We encounter many people who are favorable toward the truth and admire Jehovah’s Witnesses. However, the ties they maintain with their church hinder them. They find it difficult to believe that we have the only true religion and that their form of worship is false. This becomes a major barrier to their spiritual progress. The brothers review the six factors mentioned on page 204 of the Reasoning book, which clearly show that other religions do not follow the Bible. Encourage the audience to use these points in tactfully helping sincere ones evaluate their religious beliefs.

The Road to Everlasting Life (2002) part 7 p. 22 Who Practice the True Religion? ***

TO ENJOY a warm, loving relationship with God, we must have nothing to do with false religion. We must practice true religion. Today millions of people throughout the earth are doing that.

As the Bible foretold, the true worshipers make up "a great crowd" who have come "out of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues." (Revelation 7:9) In 235 lands, millions of Jehovah’s Witnesses are actively helping others learn about Jehovah’s loving ways and requirements.

w01 2/1 p. 10 Have You Made the Truth Your Own? ***

Another identifying feature of true worship is respect for God’s Word, the Bible. It is the unique book that reveals God’s personality and his purposes. (John 17:17; 2 Timothy 3:16, 17) Additionally, true Christians proclaim the Kingdom of God as man’s only hope for everlasting life on a paradise earth. (Mark 13:10; Revelation 21:1-4) They keep separate from this world’s corrupt politics and its defiling way of life. (John 15:19; James 1:27; 4:4) Who today have really met these criteria? The facts establish that there is only one answer—Jehovah’s Witnesses.

*** Live Forever book chap. 22 p. 190 Identifying the True Religion ***

ONE TRUE RELIGION

19 It is only logical that there would be one true religion. This is in harmony with the fact that the true God is a God, "not of disorder, but of peace." (1 Corinthians 14:33) The Bible says that actually there is only "one faith." (Ephesians 4:5) Who, then, are the ones who form the body of true worshipers today?

20 We do not hesitate to say that they are Jehovah’s Witnesses.

*** Reasoning from the Scriptures p. 203 - p. 204 Jehovah’s Witnesses ***

Do Jehovah’s Witnesses believe that their religion is the only right one?

The Bible does not agree with the modern view that there are many acceptable ways to worship God. Ephesians 4:5 says there is "one Lord, one faith." Jesus stated: "Narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are the ones finding it. . . . Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will."—Matt. 7:13, 14, 21; see also 1 Corinthians 1:10.

Repeatedly the Scriptures refer to the body of true Christian teachings as "the truth," and Christianity is spoken of as "the way of the truth." (1 Tim. 3:15; 2 John 1; 2 Pet. 2:2) Because Jehovah’s Witnesses base all of their beliefs, their standards for conduct, and organizational procedures on the Bible, their faith in the Bible itself as God’s Word gives them the conviction that what they have is indeed the truth. So their position is not egotistical but demonstrates their confidence that the Bible is the right standard against which to measure one’s religion. They are not self-centered but are eager to share their beliefs with others.

*** w96 1/15 p. 17 Jehovah’s Sheep Need Tender Care ***

As an unbaptized publisher progresses spiritually, he may make a dedication to God in prayer and want to be baptized. (Compare Mark 1:9-11.) He should make his desire for baptism known to the congregation’s presiding overseer, who will arrange for elders to review with the publisher the questions on pages 175 to 218 of Organized to Accomplish Our Ministry. The four parts into which the questions are divided may be covered in three sessions by three different elders if possible. If they agree that the unbaptized publisher has a reasonable understanding of Bible teachings and qualifies in other ways, they will tell him that he may be baptized. As a result of his dedication and baptism, he becomes ‘marked’ for salvation.—Ezekiel 9:4-6. (baptism as a JW only)

*** w82 2/15 p. 31 "What Prevents Me from Getting Baptized?" ***

Just ahead the separating of the "sheep" from the "goats" will come to a conclusion. None will be left on middle ground when God brings the "great tribulation" to sweep away "those who do not know God and those who do not obey the good news about our Lord Jesus." (Matthew 25:31-46; 2 Thessalonians 1:6-9) Only those ‘marked’ for salvation will survive into his new order. (Revelation 7:3, 4, 9, 14; Ezekiel 9:2-6)

• parakeet
    parakeet

I've heard of only one bigger religious lie: When Jim Jones told his followers the Kool-Aid was "medication."

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

"Doctrines of demons" Doctrines,tenets,beliefs & dogmas of Jehovah's Witnesses WATCHTOWER, April 1, 1986, pages 30 & 31, "Questions From Readers" "Approved association with Jehovah's Witnesses requires accepting the entire range of the true teachings of the Bible, including those Scriptural beliefs that are unique to Jehovah's Witnesses. What do such beliefs include? That the great issue before humankind is the rightfulness of Jehovah's sovereignty, which is why he has allowed wickedness so long. (Ezekiel 25:17)

That Jesus Christ had a prehuman existence and is subordinate to his heavenly Father. (John 14:28) That there is a "faithful and discreet slave" upon earth today 'entrusted with all of Jesus' earthly interests,' which slave is associated with the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. (Matthew 24:45-47) That 1914 marked the end of the Gentile Times and the establishment of the Kingdom of God in the heavens, as well as the time for Christ's foretold presence. (Luke 21:7-24; Revelation 11:15-12:10) That only 144,000 Christians will receive the heavenly reward. (Revelation 14:1, 3) That Armageddon, referring to the battle of the great day of God the Almighty, is near. (Revelation 16:14, 16; 19:11-21) That it will be followed by Christ's Millennial Reign, which will restore an earth-wide paradise.

That the first to enjoy it will be the present "great crowd" of Jesus' "other sheep."-John 10:16; Revelation 7:9-17; 21:3, 4.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    These well-known characteristics are true, but there are commonly held myths, too: Yes, they consider themselves Christians, but no, they do not believe that they are the only believers who can win salvation.
  • ronin1
    ronin1

Blondie:

I just took a copy of your WT statements and sent an e-mail to the News Paper requesting that they retract their statement.

I will see what happens.

Ronin1

• headmath
    headmath

Was that the president of WTS?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit