JW's. Greedy, Zealous, But Unfortunatley Stupid. Help Me Debunk Them

by ColdRedRain 7 Replies latest jw friends

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

I can't respond to them case by case due to the nature of Y!Answers, so I need your help, guys.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=ArSKfz0RU5b34Dt._5V3corsy6IX?qid=20060724105034AAZSXNT

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Some pretty stupid answers there - basically, "well, the Bible says so. " Using the Bible to prove the Bible - Witnesses just aren't too bright, are they! Oh yeah, and carbon dating is flawed! Obviously the only "scientific" text she's studied is the Creation Book!
    S4

• DannyHaszard
  • Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Not that it will help, but I posted.

Sherry

• parakeet
    parakeet

Many JWs are undoubtedly stupid, just as there are many stupid people in the general population, but to make a blanket statement that JWs are stupid is incorrect. It's more accurate to say that they are deluded and indoctrinated, which can happen to anyone, even very smart people. The presence of many extraordinary minds on this forum demonstrates that.

• crankytoe
    crankytoe

This reminds me of a bumber sticker I saw a few months ago.

"Arguing on the internet is like racing in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded,"

No wait, I take that back, - It wasn't a bumper sticker,

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

if they believe animals were not carnivores in paradise and changed only after sin then they will have to admit they EVOLVED into carnivores.

you got them talkin.. thats a good thing.

• hopie
    hopie

According to Steven Hassan, a former Moonie and author of the book "combating Cult Mind Control"

There are four qualitfying components of mind control, page 66 of his book says:

"behavior control, thought control, emotional control, and information control, each form

of control has great power and influence on the human mind. Together, they form a totalistic

web, which can manipulate even the strongest-minded people. In fact, it is the strongest-minded

individuals who make the most involved and enthusiastic cult members."

Hopie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit