Spent time in the ER this weekend with my husband........seizures.......

by Alana 14 Replies latest jw friends

• anewme
    anewme

Alana, how scary for you and your husband. Thank goodness he is resting now. After some rest yourself you will better see how to proceed from here.

I will be thinking of you.

Anewme

• nsrn
    nsrn

I hope you are asleep now and not on the board!

SO sorry you had to go through that! I work in an ER and see this frequently. Make sure he drinks plenty of fluids. His muscles will be sore!

And I am so sorry about the dog! Losing a family member like that is awful, and I know you are probably feeling like you are on auto pilot right now. Take a walk tomorrow, and don't be afraid to grieve.

Hugs to you!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Yep, I know what a grand mal's like.

The good side of it is that I know nothing of it.

The bad side is that it leaves you so very tired - and why wouldn't it after that tremendous surge of electrical activity in your brain.

Take heart - Ozzie's still standing - well, mostly! and I love my shiraz!!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I hope your husband finds the right dose of meds quickly. What a horrid weekend for all of you. May this week improve immensely!! Shelly

• DesertRat
    DesertRat

Seizures are indeed terrifying. My father had them as a result of his glioblastoma (malignant brain tumor). The first one, which occurred in May, 1982 & resulted in the subsequent diagnosis, occurred late one night after we had all gone to bed. I awoke to the sound of strange noises coming from my parents' room & ran in to find my father seizing violently, only the whites of his eyes showing, & my mother trying desperately to hold him down. The sight of that left a horrible imprint on my mind & gave me nightmares for years. With the surgery & other treatments (radiation & chemotherapy) the seizures diminished in severity but never went away. I learned to read the warning signs--the glazed look & petit mal-type twitch of his left cheek--which signalled the need to pop a Valium in his mouth. This would abort the attack in about 30 seconds.

Get some good rest now & know that many thoughts & prayers are with you..

DesertRat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit