30gh Anniversary Celebration

by buffalosrfree 4 Replies latest jw friends

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

Well our children really surprised us, we were in the belief that we were meeting at my son's house and all of us going out to eat together to celebrate our 30th Anniversary. Well, were we ever surprised when we got to his house we found a host of family and friends waiting there to see us and my brother from up in Wyoming was there also. We got to see people we hadn't seen for some over 2 years and even longer for others.

Although my son's wife/squeeze is disfellowshipped there were witnesses there who knew us and didn't pass up this opportunity to come and celebrate it with us. However there was one couple who didn't come and these were suppose to be our closest friends of over 18 years.The lame ass excuse they gave my daughter was that they didn't feel comfortable with there being a disfellowshipped one there and that they would get with us later and take us out to dinner or some such bulls**t. I had talked to them earlier in the day and they were going out to dinner with someone they had met at the hall. The people they met, the husband wasn't a witness and the wife was and they barely knew them but they went out to eat dinner together.

I can't believe they would throw away our friendship of 18 years over that, but throw it away they did, if I don't get some kind of apologitic call today its over. This asshole and his wife really are pissing me off, I can't sleep over it right now its 503 in the morning and I have been up for over an hour now unable to sleep I am so pissed. This is the same guy I stayed friends with when over the years he has had boughts of falling off of the wagon and being ostracisized by the so called friends, I have always been loyal and been there for him and his wife and so has my wife. We never abandoned them over his drinking problems and troubles.

This guy, unknown to his wife at least for now, has been smoking pot from time to time, seems he has traded drinking for the smoking of pot I have seen him do it a couple of times. Well he doesn't yet realize the pandora's box he has opened, I will call his wife and let her know he has been smoking it and then will call a couple of elders at his congregation and let them know also. He should never have tried to screw us up like they did last night I don't forgive and forget everything. This was the same kind of "F"ing excuse they used when my daughter got married. Oh we forgot, despite having an invitation, and scheduled a visit back home right at the same time as your daughters wedding. They had known my daughter since she was 5 years old we forgave that one, but me and wife won't forget this one.

One thing about it, my wife isn't going to be going to any meetings soon, she is so pissed about the witness bulls**t too.

Well what do you guys think?

• garybuss
    garybuss

There's a slight chance I've written this before . . . but:
    If your friends are Jehovah's Witnesses, you don't have any friends.

Happy 30!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi buffalosfree, and happy 30th anniversary to ypu and your wife.

I am sorry that you have had this upset at the hands of your jw friend, but I am not particularly surprised by it. I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that all friendships with jws are on a conditional basis, the condition being that you remain a jw. They tend to forget how much you have done for them when you leave the wts. I guess it's the mental conditioning that does it to them, but that's no excuse for the way you have been treated, and I don't blame you at all for feeling a little vengeful towards him.

• praiseband
    praiseband

I am so sorry for the disappointment you suffered today due to the loss of a friendship. It is hard when you have invested so much of yourself into building up a relationship only to find out after so many years that it has been, apparently, one-sided. It almost feels like a divorce or a death. You are the kind of person more of us need as a friend - you are the kind who is always there and always supportive. I am not at all surprised that you and your wife were celebrating 30 years of marriage and your children wanted to show their love for you with this wonderful party! Value them and those who are truly your friends and pray for the others. I know you are angry now, but if you are able to calmly, but with feeling, share with the friends who didn't attend how it made you feel you will have a better chance of moving past this. I don't anticipate they will understand, but you will have had a chance to demonstrate to them true friendship. You never know what will be the catalyst for someone to change. God bless you both and congratulations!

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi buffalo,

Sorry that the "no shows" put a damper on your celebration. I think you should talk to the couple about this. Though revenge may be sweet, I wouldn't go that route because of unintended consequences.

Happy 30th.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit