Embedded pages

by IP_SEC 35 Replies latest jw friends

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Im sorry. I try not to beotch very much but am I the only one on the board who hates it when someone posts an embedded page?

This button in the toolbar good
    Use the hell outta this button

This button on the toolbar BAD!!!!!
    Stop embedding pages goddammit.  It's irritating!!! :(

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Oooops. I embedded a page into a post just a little bit ago, does this make me a bad person? So why does it bother you?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I had no idea you'd done that mis. Just an observation or four.

1. The embedded page is usually much longer than the frame so you end up having to scroll up and down.
    2. Much more irritating to me is having to scroll side to side if the page is wider than the frame
    3. Any link you click on within the document stays inside the frame (unless you open in new window.)
    4. If it is a sound clip it plays every dang time you look back at the thread

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Oh and no, it doesnt make anyone a bad person just because the formatting is bad.

• Kudra
    Kudra

When I hit "reply" there is NO toolbar with either of those icons. THere is no toolbar that has anything to add a quote or any of those "smilies".
    The only icons present on the WHOLE reply page for me are the ones that go out on the "active topics page" next to the title for the post.
    Any help???
    -K

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Kurdra, You are no doubt using a Mac or some other non Internet Explorer browser. You might be able to edit the html code directly (example: <DIV class=quote>"text you wish to quote</DIV> would give you a quote box. Or use some 3rd party program like BBCode to add these functions to your post.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

"text you wish to quote

lets see, did that work Yep.

• VM44
    VM44

4. If it is a sound clip it plays every dang time you look back at the thread

Yes, I made use of this feature when I made a Kingdom Melody play within one thread.

--VM44

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Yes, I made use of this feature when I made a Kingdom Melody play within one thread.

Sinner!!!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I do it all the time.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit