Review of j.w. / t.v. "infomercial" of 7/14/06 on local cable t.v.

by hubert 11 Replies latest jw friends

• hubert
    hubert
    Is this infomercial available on the net.

I don't think so, Claw. I have it on tape, but don't know how to get it on the net. Maybe someone can p.m. me about some ideas on this?

Reading programs in all countries, including the US, have been part of the JW work for many years.

Thanks, s4 and will power, I didn't know this.

She didn't ;ask a crucial question:&

Rachael, the "host" didn't ask any core belief questions , like their policy on blood, sex abuse, or shunning. So I feel she must be a j.w., also.

But the good news, I hope, is that the public is becoming aware of these type of ploys, and not just from JWs. Everyone I talk to, all with varying degrees of awareness of the Watchtower, is that they are a cult.

Anitar, It's good to see the public is getting more aware, thanks to the internet and news media, and people like ex-jw's. This makes me happy.

The "donation" agreement has to go. It didn't work for assembly food and it ain't workin for books and magazines either.

Yeah, Gary, that's gotta be killing them. They most likely aren't getting much money from j.w.'s who have to "buy" the books every month. It's funny that they can't see that it's just a publishing company, and they are salemen, except that the j.w.'s themselves are also the "customers".

Hubert

• Anitar
    Anitar

Thanks for the tip Hubert. Maybe it's just my imagination, but it seems like the watchtower has always been just under the radar of the public scrutuiny. Every so often, there is a Dateline program discussing them along with other cults, but I have yet to see a definitive expose that so many have been hoping for.

By comparision, other religions, (I think we can guess which ones), have been targeted for child abuse and polygamy. Not to say the organizations condone that, but that certain individuals have been found guilty, resulting in the inevitable backlash, further resulting in the public disclosure of other religion's "dirty secrets."

Perhaps the supreme court cases in California, New York and Canada will finally result in the Watchtower being raked over the coals of the media on a national level. At least that would shut them up about blowing the whistle on other religions.

Anitar

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit