Every Meeting is fresh in my mind.....

by zeroday 9 Replies latest jw friends

• zeroday
    zeroday

It's been two years since my DA and yet with over a 28 year period of meetings I can still see every meeting in my mind. Everyone sitting in their same seats, the same ones throwing up their hands to answer, the same elders standing in the same place after the meetings to talk to the same people. It begins to seem sureal. Anyone else have this feeling......

• serendipity
    serendipity

... and nearly everyone ignoring me. Yes, that's the vision in my mind's eye.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

I remember them as a black and white photo. Bland, lacking emotion, and cold.

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

Thank goodness- NO!

Meetings have all kind of faded to a distant nightmare.... I can still remember tons of details, but I can't quite wrap my head around sitting there hour after boring hour and managing to stay awake.

But then, I think the last meeting I went to was in 1993.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Only in my nightmares, which have diminished over the years. During my waking hours, I almost never think about them.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I have the occasional flashback to the good times as a jw, and there were many, but they are getting less frequent now. I don't visualise the meetings though, they were mostly so boring that they are easily forgettable.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Is it the same as a repetitive tune that won't get out of your head?

• karen96
    karen96

Thank goodness, no. I remember little snippets here and there, esp. the funny stuff.

Karen (of the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind class)

• anewme
    anewme

I used to dream every night about the meetings and JWs and I thought they would never end. But gradually and through the help from this forum the dreams have ceased.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Scamming on chicks, drawing funny faces in my Watchtower, or going to Thursday night meeting drunk because my parents didn't hide the Bacardi well enough.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit