Is this a "new thought"? (to use Witness jargon)

by slimboyfat 26 Replies latest jw friends

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Hmm, I can think of at least one company that the uppity folk in my hall by supplies from. Madzay, I think it is. They make little covers for texts, holders for brochures and tracts, and so forth. I guess they have to go out of business now...?

• south african beef
    south african beef

Hasn't ther just been a big scandal in the US invlolving two 'brothers' who fleeced fellow Witto's (mainly elderly) out of millions of dollars?

Perhaps the WTBTS knew the story was about to break and they responded with an even harder line than they were already adopting.

Just a thought.

• jgnat
    jgnat

What Lady Liberty said. Also, wouldn't companies like McKenna Book Covers suffer from this advice? My hubby LOVES the plastic covers and things.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Interesting... details please!

• heathen
    heathen

This religion thinks everything outside is demonized so how the hell are they supposed buy goods and services if everybody else is a satan worshipper and is putting hexes and curses on everything ? One minute it's the people in the organization who are the only ones you can trust now it's we can't trust them anymore . LMAO What a bunch of freaks .

• greendawn
    greendawn

It's not clear what they mean, is it doing business with other dubs that's wrong or doing dishonest business that they object to? Whatever the case the WTS is one very dishonest business that exploits the dubs with false pretenses. They get them to work for themselves and jehovah will reward later.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Greendawn, this seems fairly clear to me:

he realises that it would be neither proper nor kind to start a business or promote an investment scheme that targets felllow believers as the main customers

Witnesses should not set up businesses that target fellow Witnesses - simple as that. Wonder if the many companies that do so mentioned in this thread will pay heed. I very much doubt it.

Slim

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    A Christian who loves kindness will certianly not exploit his fellow worshippers. For example, he realises that it would be neither proper nor kind to start a business or promote an investment scheme that targets felllow believers as the main customers. It would display greed, which Christians are warned against, to plan on making money hastily by exploitng fellow Christians.

The paragraph is talking about exploitation. Selling witnessing aids such as covers and bookbags would surely not be considered exploitation.

There is nothing in the paragraph to discourage exploitation of worldly folks though.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

With the internet this stuff has gotten much more popular.
    Why not put a disclaimer in the front cover that says something like:
    WARNING: DO NOT DO ANYTHING THAT WOULD COMPROMISE YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THE PUBLISHERS OF THIS BOOK, DOING SO MAY BRING EVERLASTING DESTRUCTION!

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

With the internet this stuff has gotten much more popular.
    Why not put a disclaimer in the front cover that says something like:
    WARNING: DO NOT DO ANYTHING THAT WOULD COMPROMISE YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THE PUBLISHERS OF THIS BOOK, DOING SO MAY BRING EVERLASTING DESTRUCTION!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit