September AWAKE

by stillajwexelder 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• kid-A
    kid-A

The strongest argument they can make is "look how wonderful everything is! Surely there must be a Grand Designer!"

Yup, that pretty much sums up the entire issue. Of course, while failing to mention the glaring and countless "flaws" in jehoobies "wonderful designs"!!!! LOL....

ooops! Forgot! Its Satan that caused cancer, diabetes, arthritis, schizophrenia, congenital blindness and alzheimers and turned the mosquitos into nasty bloodsuckers! LOL

• robhic
    robhic
    ooops! Forgot! Its Satan that caused cancer, diabetes, arthritis, schizophrenia, congenital blindness and alzheimers and turned the mosquitos into nasty bloodsuckers! LOL

That bastard!!!

• Flash
    Flash
    Marked on the front cover SPECIAL ISSUE in orange letters. The title is " Is There a CREATOR".

What a timely subject!

Islamic Fundamentalism and The War On Terror is forcing people around the world to look hard at religion and the "Spirit Directed" organization is exposing Evolution!

• In Between
    In Between

I have to agree with Flash. I mean, look at all the crap going on in this world and they put out a special 'evolution' mag ... take about being 'off base' ... does anyone seriously care about this topic anymore?

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation
    I have to agree with Flash. I mean, look at all the crap going on in this world and they put out a special 'evolution' mag ... take about being 'off base' ... does anyone seriously care about this topic anymore?

Yeah, I know what you mean. It's tempting to do what Richard Dawkins does now and say the evolution vs creation topic is closed because it's science arguing with religion, however the IDer's try and dress it up as scientific and therefore pointless.

That Awake article was probably written at the time of that furore about ID being taught in schools in the US. Bit out of date now though cos the IDer's got their asses handed to them in that case and their main argument of irreversible complexity was proven to be false.

Lot's of info on Behe on the excellent infidels.org site

http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/science/creationism/behe.html

I haven't read a WT or awake for about 4 years but i might read that creation one for a laugh.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Hello all..and Happy Sunday!,

This is a very interesting thread. Since leaving the organization, I have begun to look at all the possibilities on different topics. Not any longer being confined into a box with box like thinking. I firmly believe in Jehovah God and Christ Jesus, and the Creation process. However, there are too many unexplained "proofs" for what appears to be Evolution. My personal speculation is....that Creation and Evolution actually do connect together. Here is what I feel may have happened. Please remember when reading this that it is ONLY my speculation.

We don't have to look very far into Archeology and Geology to see that certain people and events that were recorded in the Bible really did happen. Yet, when we look at fossils and plate tectonics etc., there is no denying the earth has had life on it longer than the Bible records would show. Thus..the distinct difference between Creation and Evolution.

Since like I said I firmly believe in Creation, I feel there has to be a explanation. If you believe in Creation, you will likely agree that the Bible was written for man. A record of what happened since Adam and Eve. Not much at all was said about what happened before Adam and Eve. But it doesn't necessarily mean that there wasn't life on earth prior to what was recorded in the Bible.

For example: We know through fossil records that there were many strange and very large prehistoric creatures alive on this earth at one time. (Even the Society won't deny that! They choose to not speak too much about it though.. because they don't have the answers either.. I wonder why!!?) Many of the creatures that were alive were incredibally huge. Example: Megalodons, saber tooth tigers, dinousaurs, mamoths etc... Today we see simular creatures on a much smaller, and not nearly on such a ferocious scale. We have sharks, we have tigers, we have lizards, we have elephants etc.. and some creatures like the horse shoe crab, are said to be still existing from pre-historic times.

Now think for a moment about an artist. Wether a designer of fashion, pottery, paintings etc.. half of the fun in creating a masterpiece is the design and experimenting with either fabric, clay or paint etc. You work with the material for a while, "mess around" if you will, with your material and let the creative juices begin to flow. Personally, I love design. It would take all the fun out of it if I could just snap my fingers and instantly my thoughts were created. I enjoy the whole creative process, as well as seeing my creation come to fruition.

Ok, so now think of Jehovah and Christ Jesus. According to the Bible, we were made in their image. Wouldn't it seem only logical that perhaps they too, enjoy the creative process in making things. So.. heres my point: What if all the creatures that lived pre-Bible times were just there "messing around". What if they were enjoying the creative process. Then decided at some point to fine tune creation, and eliminate the creatures they wanted to fine tune, or change. Maybe even eliminating some all together. Like a artist, or any designer that takes a step back from their work after observing it and decides to modify things. Perhaps there were some things that didn't need changing, and were left alone. That would explain some of the creatures like the horse shoe crab etc that have been around since pre-historic times. Of course Jehovah and Jesus would have the ability to snap their fingers and be done with it. But wouldn't that take away the fun of it all?

So.. follow this line of thought one step further. If the scientist truely have found bones from pre-historic pre- Bible humans, couldn't there be a possibility the same thing happened with them? Scientists claim that they weren't very smart, but indeed we a type of human. What if.. (now again, this is purely speculation), what if they were just part of that same design process.

If you think about it it would explain many things. Since the bible does not say how long there was between each creative day, maybe it was much longer than we think. Maybe much more happened inbetween those creative days than we think. For there to be marine fossils in what was once the ocean floor, that now are the tallest moutains in the world ( Himalayas) , would support such an idea. This pushing up from the ocean floor that high and to turn into solid rock, would take millions of years.

Perhaps there is a connection such as this, to explain both creation and evolution. Perhaps we will never know. Not that it matters, but just being able to explore the possibilities outside the box, has been most intreeging. Rather than being told by the Watchtower it is one way, and completely ignoring these other very real things about our earth and what once lived on it, when truely only Jehovah and Jesus know!

Anyhow.... what do you guys think...now be nice please.. this was only my speculation. Has anyone else ever thought about this possible connection?

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Kudra
    Kudra

LL
    EVERYone knows that those fossils were put on the top of the Himalaya diring the flood...
    Sheesh.
    ;)
    -K

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

was this a talk at last years district convention?

so many of the summer convention talks are then made into watchtower/awake articles thruout the next year.

look at this years convention program and you see what kind of articles will be printed in the upcoming year

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

No I do not remeber this subject being a talk at last years DC

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

creation? YAWN. Stretch. Roll over. YAWN again. ZZZZzzzzz......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit