When was Jesus Christ Created?

by renando_stimpy 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• renando_stimpy
    renando_stimpy

I was thinking about this today and was wondering what the WTS has to say about such things ?

Isaiah 43:10 : ... Before me no god was formed nor will there be one after me...

John 1:1 (NWT): ... the word was a God ...

John 1:2 : ... He was with God in the beginning ...

If no God would ever be formed before and no God would be formed after, when was Jesus Christ ( a Mighty God - Isa 9:6 ) formed ?

I think the Bible makes itself quite clear regarding time, First and Last, Alpha and Omega, Beginning and End, Before and After, Morning and Evening etc.. so I would think that saying God is not within a form of time albiet a different time to ours (days = years) wouldn't hold water when compared to the scriptures..

Rev 1:17 - ... Do not be afraid. I am the First and Last, I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of Death and Hades.

How is this reconciled ?

• JH
    JH
    John 1:1 (NWT): ... the word was a God ...

I think it's the word was a god with no capital G in the JW bible

Colossians 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.

It only means that Jesus or Michael was the first creation before anything else was created.

The bible doesn't give a year.

Since the earth is billions of years old, probably Jesus was created billions of years before that

• renando_stimpy
    renando_stimpy

firstborn doesn't always mean first-born chronologically..

Gen 41:51 - Joseph named his firstborn Manasseh...

Jer 31:9 - ... and Ephraim is my firstborn son ...

Ps 89:27 - I will also appoint him my firstborn, the most Exalted of the Kings of the Earth..

It seems to me that firstborn can also be appointed to an individual, What is the WTS reasoning for using a different definintion when applied to Jesus Christ ? Is it because it contradicts WT theology?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Probably sometime after 100 AD.

• Perry
    Perry

Jesus said this about himself:

Rev 1:17 - ... I am the First and Last, I am the Living One
    If you read this over and over, pray for insight, and stay away from cults; within a few short years it will come to you. It did to me.

• renando_stimpy
    renando_stimpy

I was really wondering what the WTS thinks about a question like this, it was not meant to reflect my beliefs and is not a question I personally need answered, but a question I was posing hypothetically to try and ascertain what sortof responses I would recieve..

So far it doesn't seem to really be of any use as a thoughtful question, back to the drawing board ... perhaps if I asked when "Michael the Archangel" was created and why the Bible is so vague about something so important...

I don't intend to stay away from cults, I believe these people are dying with bibles in their hands and I don't want to stand by and watch without even trying to help them or at least defend the faith...

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

"In these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe" (Hebrews 1:2).

"Jesus Christ our Lord ... was ordained Son of God in all his power through his resurrection from the dead" (Romans 1:4).

"And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church" (Ephesians 1:22).

"He is the head of his body, the church, he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy" (Colossians 1:18).

• Shazard
    Shazard

Jesus were not created. He was beggotten and it happenned in Jesus Christ's birth at Bethlem.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Probably sometime after 100 AD. PERFECT!!!!

• kid-A
    kid-A

After Zeus and Neptune, but sometime before the Tooth Fairy and Peter the Rabbit......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit