Remember the JW murder of Kevin Foote - NYC

by ronin1 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• ronin1
    ronin1

Does anyone remember the intentional murder of a young JW brother named Kevin Foote. He and his wife lived in Queens, NY- they had a house in Long Island, NY, etc.

I was in the same pioneer class with Kevin. He was a very nice young brother who loved his wife and son dearly. We all were assigned to the Brooklyn, NY (Flatbush Avenue) assembly hall for our Circuit Assemblies. His murder was first thought of as a robbery gone bad in an elevator in an apartment building where his wife's relatives lived. He was shot in the head, I believe.

Well, it turned out his wife had remained friends with a former boyfriend, out of prison, and she set up the visit to the relatives apartment (knowing that they would not be home that day) and set up the murder of Kevin Foote, her husband.

I believe Kevin had taken good care of them financially and had purchased a large life insurance policy.

His wife, after his death and funeral, moved South with this man, married him and set up shop................It did not take too long for the NYC police department to figure out what happened. She and her lover were extradited back to NYC for trial and conviction. I think she received 25 years- but I am not sure.

Anyone remember this sad incident and have an up-date on this case and Kevin Foote's family and son?

Ronin1

• foundfreedom
    foundfreedom

I have never heard about him and his murder, what year did this take place? Such a sad and tragic thing to happen.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

If you do a google search it comes up. It happened in the 90's. As for what happened to the killer wife and BF. I guess their marriage started to sour and the cops put pressure on her and she ended up giving up her BF/killer new husband. I did not see anything regarding what happened to their kid. I feel the worst for him.

Growing up there was a husband in Kenosha, WI who killed his wife. Initially it was not known what happened because the husband claimed he and his son had been camping. But the cops figured out what the deal was when the cops tracked down the husband's GF. Ultimately, the murder weapon, a baseball bat, was found in the attic of the house. It was theorized that he snuck out of his camp site went to his house, let himself in and beat his wife to death and returned to the camp site that night. He was found guilty of the murder. If I remember correctly, the guy was DF'd but later reinstated. His family were RF old time JWs. It was a huge shock to the community and to the JWs in the area. I don't think he ever confessed, but I could be wrong. So doesn't that shoot the JWs whole you have to have two witnesses to get DF'd. So if in this case that was not the case, maybe because it was so horrendous and because the guy was found guilty in a court of law, why would elders not DF a pedophile regardless of the two witness rule or not?

• ronin1
    ronin1

Here is more information:

-- Vanessa Foote of Brooklyn, N.Y., conspired with her lover, Jeffrey Richardson, to kill her first husband, Wall Street accountant Kevin Foote. After Richardson shot him, she used the life insurance money to pay for her wedding reception with Richardson. The honeymoon period turned rocky, though, when Vanessa Foote Richardson decided to testify against the second husband at his murder trial. Just because she said, "Kill him" doesn't mean she didn't love him.

• ronin1
    ronin1

More data:

SHE GETS 8 TO 25 YRS. IN SLAYING OF HUSBAND; [SPORTS FINAL Edition]
    NANCIE L. KATZ DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER. New York Daily News. New York, N.Y.: Jun 6, 2002. pg. 24

In a deal with prosecutors, Richardson pleaded guilty to murder conspiracy with a guaranteed sentence of 8 1/3 to 25 years if she testified against her first love - and current spouse - Jeffrey Richardson.

At Richardson's trial, she confessed she conspired with him to kill Foote and then spent life insurance money on the wedding reception held after she married Richardson.

Ronin1

• ronin1
    ronin1

More:

DA WITNESS TO MURDER IS MISSING; [SPORTS FINAL Edition]
    TAMER EL-GHOBASHY, NANCIE L. KATZ and OWEN MORITZ DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS. New York Daily News. New York, N.Y.: Feb 6, 2002. pg. 23

The 22-year-old witness, whose arrest record dates to his teens, came forward a year ago to say he witnessed Richardson killing Kevin Foote, a Smith Barney accountant, in an apartment house hallway.

On the strength of his identification, police arrested Richardson and his wife, Vanessa Foote Richardson. Sources said prosecutors got an indictment despite questionable grand jury testimony from King who first fingered a man ...

Ronin1

• ronin1
    ronin1

More:

WOMAN GETS HUBBY CONVICTED OF MURDER; [SPORTS FINAL Edition]
    NANCIE L. KATZ and DON SINGLETON DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS. New York Daily News. New York, N.Y.: Feb 9, 2002. pg. 10
    Abstract (Document Summary)

"He [Richardson] pulled out his gun. He made it seem like it was a robbery," she said. "He asked for my wallet and [Kevin Foote]'s wallet. Then he told Kevin to turn around. Then he shot him in his head."

After pleading guilty to conspiracy in the killing, [Vanessa Foote Richardson] agreed to testify against Richardson - apparently persuasively enough to overcome the failure of

• Nowman
    Nowman

looking glass...

remember me? Reminder, Willie Carlson case???

I remember that because the Truax's went to my hall in Libertyville, Illinois. Mike Truax (I may have the spelling wrong) went to my hall, I think it was his brother that murdered his wife. I have been thinking about that murder because I ran into Mike at a mall recently, he kind of stared at me (I am guessing he remembered me too). Then not too long after that murder, Willie killled his parents....

Nikki

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit