Dead loved one calls home

by Steve Lowry 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

Today, while at doctor’s appointment I met a lady in the waiting room and I just wanted to relay her story. She was eighty-two years old and sharp as a tack. We were exchanging pleasantries while waiting our turn to get in when she told about her four children. She was forty when she had her little girl, which was the same age I was when my wife and I had our little girl. When I asked her how her daughter was doing these days, she informed me that a drunk driver had killed her when she was but eighteen years old. She was on her way home from the movies when she and her friends we careened by the drunk driver. This had been many years ago (1983) and I felt comfortable enough to ask her if her daughter had ever tried to communicate with her after she had passed away. She told me the following story.

"It had been about seven months since she had died and I was up late one night crying and I told the Lord I wouldn’t be able to continue on. It was just too much for me, as I had lost my oldest son during the Vietnam War in 1968 and my husband a few years later form heart attack, and now my little girl! Just at this time I heard an audible voice! It was my daughter’s voice just as if she were speaking to me on the telephone, kinda like that. I was wide-awake when it happened. I didn’t dream it.

She said, Moei (her daughters nickname for her), I am fine, and I want you to go on with your life.

But I miss you so much.

We will be together again.

But it won’t be like before (She explains to me how they loved to go to the mall and shop.)

It will be as good as before Moie, and even better.

With that, the conversation with her daughter ended. She was able to draw strength form that experience and continue on with her life. She choked up a few times telling the story, but I could tell it was very healing for her to relay it to me just the same. She lost another son in 1993 to colon cancer. All she has left now is one son who is doing well. All this she has gone through and yet she has a very happy expression on her face and seems very healthy for her age. Ya just never know whom you’re talking to. Well, I just wanted to share this story and maybe see if anyone else has any such stores that they would like to relate.

Thanks,

Steve

• Balsam
    Balsam

My son Dak died 5 years ago at age 15. I've had such comforting messages that have allowed me to see life in a more positive light and continue on through I was in great pain at the time. I believe life is eternal. I can identify with this lady's story and the hope it give us to have this kind of communication. Until a person experiences it there is no way to believe it.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Not really the same but I had a dream after my grandpa passed away, in my dream I went to my grandparents home, I was wearing a black suit, and my grandpa was sitting in his chair and he told me that I looked really nice in my suit, I told him yeah this is the one I wore to your funeral, he then told me shhhh don't tell anyone that I am not suppose to be here. At that moment I awoke, I was very close to him.

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

"My son Dak died 5 years ago at age 15. I've had such comforting messages that have allowed me to see life in a more positive light and continue on through I was in great pain at the time. I believe life is eternal. I can identify with this lady's story and the hope it give us to have this kind of communication. Until a person experiences it there is no way to believe it."

As a father, its too horrible for me to even imagine what this must be like to go through. A friend of mine whose son drowned some years ago at a family picnic get together told me it was like having open heart surgery without any anesthesia. This level of pain he felt lasted for five years. I sometimes wish I had never had a child just for this precise reason. But, then my life would have been hallow and pointless. I don’t take any day that I have her here with me for granted, although I have in the past.

I completely believe this ladys story she related to me and that God in His Grace allowed her a moments glimpse into Heavens realm to give her peace and to know her daughter was ok and doing well and that one day they would be reunited. This is the God I know. This is the way He works.

My heart goes out to you and for your loss, dear one.

Steve

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Thanks for sharing this story..... there are many, many similar ones out there, but most people hesitate to relay them.

Until a person experiences it there is no way to believe it.

Isn't THAT the truth.

• Warlock
    Warlock

Double,

Did you read the thread about the haunted apartment? If not, you should.

Warlock

• target
    target

My sister's oldest daughter died in a horrific accident two years ago. Some months later my sister became aware of her daughter's presence and sat down to focus on it and heard her daughter say "Hi Mom". She talked with her for awhile and her daughter continued to come visit every so often. During one visit the daughter said that someone close to the daughter was going to be crossing over soon. The next week the daughter's best friend passed away and now the two of them come to visit together. Those visits make it possible for my sister to live with the way her daughter died. Her daughter was walking with a friend late at night on the freeway ramp and was hit by a car from behind and thrown into the air and came down on the freeway right in front of a car. It has been two years and the visits continue.

I had a "visit" from a friend's mother who I had not seen for over 25 years. Her name was Beth but in the visit, she insisted her name was Rosemary. I looked her obit up on the internet and it said her name was Rosemary Elizabeth.

Once you become open to this sort of thing, it happens more and more and it can make the unbearable pain of losing a loved one a bit more bearable.

Target

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Balsam:
    Wow, I am so sorry about the loss of your son. Like Steve, being a parent, I can't even begin to imagine the pain that is felt. ((((hugs)))

These sorts of stories can give one reason to pause and think that maybe we don't have all the answers and there is definitely more to this life than what we see.

BSoM

• willyloman
    willyloman

One of the beautiful things about no longer being a dub is that while this is hard for me to fully grasp, I don't have to run screaming from the room when you share it.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    One of the beautiful things about no longer being a dub is that while this is hard for me to fully grasp, I don't have to run screaming from the room when you share it.

hehe.... I tried sharing something ONCE with my dub friend. FORGET IT....that was the last time... you would have thought I was playing with the devil....scheesch, what a CLOSED mind. btw, thanks Warlock for the info on the other post.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit