STUPID TURKEYS!!!!! (fluff)

by anewme 23 Replies latest jw friends

• anewme
    anewme

I am sitting here typing away on JWD enjoying my peaceful afternoon with you all when

I here a loud tapping outside. Ok....

I continue typing and trying to read someones story when.... dang that tapping sounds like something hammering MY CAR!!!!!!!

@$%^&*$#%#^&%@ Turkeys!!!!!!! TWO TOM TURKEYS JUST POUNDED 15 LARGE DENTS IN THE SIDE OF MY NICE BLACK MAXIMA!!!!!!! I CANT BELIEVE IT! I AM IN SHOCK! THE CAR IS RUINED!!!!

I chased the two hooligans off with a rock. Seems they felt their reflection was a threat.
    They dont call male turkeys stupid for nothing.

DANG!!!!

The country life is great but it does have its moments!

• james_woods
    james_woods

And to think that Benjamin Franklin lobbied the founding fathers to make the turkey our national bird...

• undercover
    undercover

"As God is my witness...I thought turkeys could fly"

extra points to whoever can name the TV show that quote is taken from (but no prize money, sorry)

• james_woods
    james_woods

WKRP in Cincinatti...

but, as most who have tried to hunt a wild turkey will attest, it isn't usually really very easy at all to bag one.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I wish some turkeys would hang around here. I'm getting hungry.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

After Thanksgiving Turkey sandwiches with lots of Mayo, yummmmmmmmmm

• parakeet
    parakeet

***They dont call male turkeys stupid for nothing.***

Are the female turkeys supposed to be smarter? I thought all turkeys were stupid. It's a shame about your car. Maybe you could put those owl silhouette stickers on your car to scare them away. Turkeys are probably dumb enough to fall for that.

parakeet, of the equal-right-to-stupidity class

• anewme
    anewme

Thanks for the moral support everyone.
    Wow!

You cant know how often I park my car waaaaaay out in the boonies of parking lots to avoid the human turkeys who care nothing about putting huge dents in other people's cars when they open their doors.
    And I am ever so careful around other cars!
    I just loved my car!! Black exterior, off white interior, snazzy new rims.........shoot!

Anyway, I called my mother in law,("Garden Rose" on here), for her sympathy and support and she just laughed her head off!

I guess it is kind of funny!

I've actually owned a couple of male turkeys years ago. They get very aggressive and territorial. I guess they have to be that way in the wild. My friend raised a female turkey and it was sooo sweet and loving and a real nice pet like a chicken.

My MIL said maybe they are crazy from lack of water or the heat or something. Hmmmm.
    Well anyway, old softy that I am, I went out and filled a bowl of water for them........along with a fresh pile of rocks by the door!

Anewme

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

As an avid turkey hunter, I can attest to the fact that wild turkeys are not necessarily stupid, and they certainly can fly. As any turkey hunter can attest, it has been stated that if turkeys had the ability to smell, they would be close to impossible to hunt, as their hearing, eyesight and survival instincts are well developed.

Having said that, I find them attacking their reflections in the side of your car just really funny. Not for the damage done, but just the thought of it! I hope you have insurance and contact your local Ding Doctor.

S4

• Warlock
    Warlock

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought you had just been visited by your elders!

Warlock

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit