Mickey Spillane - JW Mystery Writer has Died

by fjtoth 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• blondie
    blondie

He was DF'd some time back but was reinstated. He had been attending a congregation in his area, going in field service, giving talks, etc. His health was not the best towards the end.

At least one poster on here was in his circuit and another had an aunt in his congregation that confirmed this on the other 2 threads on Mickey Spillane.

Blondie

• blondie
    blondie

undercover said:

I met him sometime in the seventies. He went to the same District Conventions that I went to for a few years. One year we both worked in foodservice together.

He was a lot like his books...tough, but there was a gentleness there that wasn't apparent right away. I got the impression that he tired of being recognized as Mickey Spillane the writer and just wanted to be known as Brother Spillane.

• blondie
    blondie

and JunctionGuy said:

My aunt lived in Myrtle Beach South Carolina for many years and knew Mickey Spillane personally, they attended the same kingdom hall.
  • eyeslice
    eyeslice

JW or not - he sounds a bit of a strange guy in an organization that cannot handle individualism.
    Eyeslice

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Rest easy Mickey. You did what you wanted and were happy and content about it.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

He was DF'd some time back but was reinstated. He had been attending a congregation in his area, going in field service, giving talks, etc; His health was not the best towards the end.

At least one poster on here was in his circuit and another had an aunt in his congregation that confirmed this on the other 2 threads on Mickey Spillane.

Blondie

Visitation for Mickey Spillane on Saturday
    WHNS - 11 minutes ago
    ... A memorial service will be July 29th at the Jehovah's Witnesses Kingdom Hall in Murrells Inlet. Married three times, Spillane was the father of four children.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Everything they say is true," says Spillane, a one-time "nominal" Protestant converted years ago by a Jehovah's Witness who knocked on his door.

Maybe that's why he was so easily recruited into the jw cult.... his foundation was shaky to begin with.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit