stuff i think about...

by bluebeads 11 Replies latest jw friends

• bluebeads
    bluebeads

->Is it fair/just/loving that innocent children be punished for their parent's wrongdoings etc...?

a passage from the new book released @ the DC p.131-2

"(Malachi 4:1) In that day of accounting, young children (boughs) will be dealt with justly according to Jehovah's assessment of their parents (roots), who are responsible for minor children. (Isaiah 37:31) How parents are living may decide the future of their young ones, either for good or for bad. (Hosea 13:16) If you the (root) are not maintaining a good standing with Jehovah, what may happen to your young ones (the boughs) on the day of his fury?"

-> The "enormous increase" of witnesses from the 70's onwards which is always being highlighted...well hasn't the world's population increased as well too during that time period?

-> "Signs of the last days"...hasn't there always been wars since anciient Israel times..excepts now we have extensive media coverage in which it is constantly being discussed.

What do you think/how do you reason on things you have been pondering about when you were in the truth?

• daystar
    daystar

A child be held accountable for the actions of their parents?! What utter bullshit...

• target
    target

It is about guilt. They can't get all the control with fear so they try for the rest with guilt.

Target

• parakeet
    parakeet

***What do you think/how do you reason on things you have been pondering about when you were in the truth?***

People in the "truth" are incapable of thinking or reasoning. Once they start honest thinking and reasoning on WTS doctrine, they soon leave.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Then wouldn't that mean Jehovah is ultimately responsible for the actions of his son that became Satan ?

• target
    target

Here is some stuff to think about:

Since Jesus said you should love your enemies, does that mean he has to love Satan?

Target

• choosing life
    choosing life

That means that the children are destroyed if the parents are unfaithful even if the child has a good heart. What happrned to God judging the heart? And what about those that God chose before birth like Samual and Samson? What if their parents were unfaithful while they were still under their parent's "protection." If a judgement time came, would these children have been destroyed? It just makes no sense.

Choosing Life

• Twitch
    Twitch

the whole "but what about the children" thing was one of my earliest mental wedges i had that led to my eventual leaving, one of the first logic bombs. began with the friends i had at the hall, kids of the "fringe" members, spread to the general populace in terms of the children of ppl who said no at the door and finally came to rest at the door of the first woman i loved and her child (worldy girlfriend,...)

any god who would kill millions of innocents can go f*** it's asexual self.

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation
    Then wouldn't that mean Jehovah is ultimately responsible for the actions of his son that became Satan ?

Yeah exactly. I was gonna say the same thing.
    Of course the old testament god never had much thought for children and delighted in regaling tales of how they had been butchered, raped, starved or eaten so his handing down judgement through a generation gap is par the course

The standard answer I get from JW's to that question is that god knows the heart condition and if it's good they will be saved. When you analyze that statement though what does it actually mean. What is a persons heart condition? Are people inately good or evil? Surely this can fluctuate during a persons lifetime and is subjective anyway. Does gods ability to read the heart condition of a new born child negate freewill? Is a baby stamped with a G or an E at birth and there's no variation from that path?

• moanzy
    moanzy

They are also teaching that we are suffering due to our "first" parents actions. Adam and Eve, parents we've never met. Over an issue we were not around to witness.

Mankind has been suffering for thousands of years over that one bad choice.

Moanzy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit