NEWS BIG- Church and (pedophile) secrecy

by DannyHaszard 13 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Speaking of the Church keeping things secret...the Roman Catholic Arch Diosese in Los Angeles has been on the forefront in keeping their pedophile priests under wraps. I wonder how many amicus briefs J.R. Brown as done for this Diosese on behalf of the WTB&TS.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

This was so good:

If a wicked and murderous leader like Ahab could repent and be accepted by God; if David could kill a faithful warrior of God (Uriah) and commit adultery with his wife and still retain his kingly throne; if Noah could be involved in a drunken stupor with his daughters and if Jesus could associate with prostitutes and say He did not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance

The thing is, the sickos use this! They do their dirty deeds involving children, and then they "repent" afterwards. And with a sigh "Even David sinned", etc. Just repent, and then do it again. And again and again and again. And when I now point this out, if some jw reads this, he/she will think "yes, it`s true, but thos that do this and then pretend to repent afterwards, they are not true christians...Jehovah knows what`s in their heart, and will judge them accordingly". Well, guess what: That won`t do shit for the kids, will it? That won`t stop the pedos, will it? And so, the sickos will be allowed to continue destroying childhoods and lives. Wake up! Only the police can stop them! And you all know it. Ask yourself: What would Jesus do? I tell you, he`d be on the phone calling the cops before you could say "Watchtower legal department".

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    Can we increase this scope to domestic violence and abuse? Just because a woman is an adult does not make her any less of a victim. Domestic abuse is very frightening and leaves a woman (esp. an obedient and submissive JW) confused and seemingly without hope. It is handled by the JWs in the same manner - "are

Agreed,my JW elder father was an abusive psychopath an "angel on the street devil at home"

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/8/115708/14.ashx page 14 cano continuation my comments
    Teen says attacker sought to win trust

McGhee was raised a Jehovah's Witness and didn't get to celebrate birthdays because of religious beliefs, Stavish said. Lying about his age was an attempt to recapture his lost youth. Stavish described McGhee as a "lost soul." McGhee denies ...

• Denver Post
    • 1 hour ago
    Article Launched: 07/19/2006 01:00:00 AM MDT

denver & the west Teen says attacker sought to win trust The boy testifies that a man posing as a youth used their friendship to sexually assault him repeatedly.

By Kieran Nicholson
    Denver Post Staff Writer
    Arapahoe County - A teenage boy told jurors Tuesday that he was sexually assaulted by a man who pretended to be a teenager and his friend. The 15-year-old told the court that Zuri McGhee, 32, pretended to be 16 and used their friendship as leverage in multiple assaults. McGhee said, "It might feel a little weird, but just trust me," the teen testified. Prosecutors said the 15-year- old is among 20 victims between the ages of 8 and 15 who were assaulted between 2000 and 2005 in Aurora. McGhee faces 77 criminal counts, mostly felonies, including multiple counts of sexual assault on a child and unlawful sexual contact. Prosecutors say McGhee told boys and their parents that he was 13 or 16. The boys, their parents and other family members thought McGhee was a muscular, polite young man who lived at an apartment with an uncle who was never around. "Dozens and dozens of people believed he was a child," said Deputy District Attorney Christine Schober during opening statements. Parents saw McGhee as a lonely, neglected boy and viewed him with sympathy. Parents so trusted McGhee that they invited him to sleepovers at their homes, Schober said. One family had McGhee move in with them. Not all the alleged victims knew each other, although many were from the same Aurora neighborhood and many also attended the same elementary school in Aurora. McGhee met two alleged victims while they were selling lemonade at a street-corner stand. Ted Stavish,

McGhee's defense attorney, told the jury McGhee did lie about his age. McGhee was raised a Jehovah's Witness and didn't get to celebrate birthdays because of religious beliefs, Stavish said. Lying about his age was an attempt to recapture his lost youth. Stavish described McGhee as a "lost soul." McGhee denies all of the sexual-assault allegations, Stavish said, and he pursued relationships with the boys because he enjoyed being a "big brother and mentor." The 15-year-old witness, however, told the court McGhee assaulted him and exploited his trust. The boy, who was 13 at the time, said McGhee told him he could develop muscle through massages. A massage led to a sexual assault, the teen said. The next night, McGhee wanted to massage him again. "I said 'no.' I felt uncomfortable," the teen testified. "He said, 'Trust me." ' Staff writer Kieran Nicholson can be reached at 303-820-1822 or [email protected]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit