Sunday Morning, and the thought of going to a meeting.....NOT !!!

by JH 10 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I don't know why, but for a fraction of a second this morning, I said to myself, "Wouldn't it be funny if I just walked into the kingdom hall for a meeting"

*Slapped myself repeatedly and came back to my senses*

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Yesterday, I talked to my wife about our original congregation and said I would like to go into that hall and take a look how people are looking and who is left.

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

My husband just left to drive several hours to the assembly. He'll be back around 8pm. Did the same thing yesterday. Me?.... I'm sitting here in my pj's, with a cup of coffee, watching tv and checking out JWD. *Yawn*..... *stretch*.....

I sooo do NOT miss ass-emblies!!!

GGG (of the I-think-I'll-go-take-a-nap class)

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

I can learn a lot more in 30 minutes here than I will in 2 hours at the kingdom hall.

Goldminer

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Before we moved away from our hall we took a walk on sunday and stood a half of a block away on the corner to see how many of the folks we knew were still going to the sunday morning meeting. We saw some walking very fast, others walking very slow, others showing up late, elders outside talking to each other etc.This was for the 9:30 am meeting, by 9:45 we were on our way for a nice sunday morning breakfast at our favorite restaurant.

• anewme
    anewme

Last night I had a weird dream. I dreamed I remembered I left an old van at my former KH. I went to retrieve it. It had its rims and tires removed and was sitting on its axles in the back of the parking lot.
    I was trying to figure out what to do with it when I became aware that the witnesses were having a yard sale or boutique that day in the parking lot and everyone was coming to buy handmade nic-nacs. They were largely ignoring me and my plight and walking around my rusty heap in the middle of their sale.

I have no desire to attend a meeting. But I too would like to peek at my former friends and see how they are doing.

• dustrabbit
    dustrabbit

yeah, here's a twisted thought: dropping in by my old KH and saying, "You want the truth? You CAN'T HANDLE the truth!"

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Today is my first Sunday away from home and its surreal to not wake up and get ready for the meeting. I want to call my mom but I bet she's in service.

I kinda don't know what to do. I said a prayer to God/Jesus?jehovah? Whoever i'm supposed to be praying too and then hopped on here.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi stilla, you could always read the Bible for a bit, if you feel the need for some 'spiritual food'.

• greendawn
    greendawn

After 20 years it would be interesting to go and see how the little kids became adults and how those who were middle aged 50-60 are now old people in their 70's and 80's. To suddenly see all these changes it would be amazing. But still I wouldn't go.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit