Bunch of questions I have been storing up..can anyone help?

by The Dragon 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Dragon
    The Dragon

1. What is to be gained by punishing someone beyond repentance?

2. Who is in more trouble and needing forgiveness? People astray..or the ones who led them astray?

3. Is God "good" for the "good", and "bad" for the "bad"?

4. What good loving parent would NOT give up their life to protect and save their children from harm or death if nessesary?

5. Does having the power to punish others for not doing what you want or think they should do, make you "right"?

6. Can you punish someone who thinks they are doing "right" to such a degree they will be convinced they are "wrong"?

7. Does anyone know what size engine is in a 2099 mustang GT....could you outsmart someone who does?

8. Can a Father justify killing or torturing his childen for ANY reason?

9. Can a Father threaten and beat his children into loving, caring, forgiving adults? can fear bring this about?

10. Is the winner of a fight "right"? can you kill all your opposers to be "right"? (without stock in bodybag company)

11. What happens when laws and rules prohibit people from helping one another? Do good people become criminals?

12. Is a bosses worst nightmare a genius who shares his knowledge for free?

13. Is "boss" or "master" a term to describe someone who has not completed their job yet?

14. Is bringing another person up to your level making friends, as well as making your job easier...yet keeping them in the dark to keep control over them and inferior to you making slaves, enemies who are incapable of helping you, themselves, and easing your workload, and hate you for it?

15. If a 5 year old gave an adult an order..and the adult refused to obey..would the adult be seen as a rebel and displaying a authority problem to the 5 year old?

16. Can you truly condemn someone for doing something, unless you have done it yourself and found it to be harmful to yourself or others?

17. Is it wise to make the same mistake over and over again while claiming it is nessesary to do so...yet a solution is "impossible"?

18. Is killing or destroying people ever a solution to a problem? Can peace be attained killing everyone who opposes your idea of "peace"?

19. Are we created to be questioning leaders or listening followers?

20. Can there be higher learning without a higher being?

21. If you had the power to destroy evil, and did so..would you also be destroying peoples freedom to choose to partake of it? If you did away with Ford Motor Co. Could people still choose to buy a brand new mustang?

22. What is more important to you...superiority over others..or personal freedom?

23. What is more powerful? A million dollars or a million friends?

24. When questioning someone as to why they are doing something the way they are, if they have no good reason, or are following orders unquestioningly themselves, can these questions be used as a powerful weapon to combat ignorance?

25. Is it nessesary to hate what is bad..so you will never ask for it, if you were allowed anything your heart desires?

26. Is having faith in something or someone unseen the same a schitzophrenia from a psycoligists viewpoint?

27. Is "do not judge others" another way of saying mind your own business?

28. Are police sworn to protect and serve, by intimidating and punishing?

29. if two two year olds are allowed to have a baby..could they teach their offspring to be adults? Or would they have to find an adult to teach them first, so they could pass along the info to their offspring?

30. Do we question authority or subordinates or both to find universal answers?

31. Is security accomplished by sacrificing freedoms?

32. Why creat something or someone you have no plans or inhieratence for?

33. Does being the boss or owner mean you are always right? And would you want a subordinate to bring it to your attention if you were wrong?

34. If satan were appointed judge over the earth could he condemn or punish anyone for their crimes?

35. Does a parent worship the children, or the children worship the parent?

36. Decisions a person makes in their lives defines and makes that person who they are? True or false?

37. Is there a difference between making a mistake without knowing a better way, and knowing a better way yet choosing not to do it?

38. Does a true leader fold to the pressure of the majority who is and wants to continue to do something he feels is stupid...or stand up for what he feels is right against everyone if nessesary?

39. Is a good child a obedient robot..or a hyper, imaginative rebel?

40. Is it wise to put out a fire in the fireplace to prevent your children from getting burned..then scratch your head trying to figure out how they froze to death?

41. Would jesus be upset if we went over and beyond loving and defending our enemies, and decided to love and defend His enemies as well? Would He tell us to forgive our enemies if He was unwilling or unable to do the same for His?

42. Does it take any brains or wisdom to destroy or beat up people who disobey you, oppose you, or those trying to overthrow you?

43. If you author a law book, inmate handbook, or a Bible...and you pass it to those you want to obey it, and those you want to enforce it. And you leave....

For example,, you say profanity is forbidden.

Does the individual enforcers get enforce their opinion of what they consider "profanity" is? Does the followers have to modify their behavior to suit each individual enforcers opinion or face punishment? Can the followers ever attain perfection in every enforcers eyes? Or would it be easier to find the author's opinion of what profanity is to him..and obey that?

Any thoughts?

My JW mom cannot help me or answer these questions to my satisfaction..and seems somewhat threatened by them. Maybe if enough people start asking them the FDS may address them or at least know their role.

The Dragon.

• Scully
    Scully

Just so you know, for the most part, the members of this site are exJWs.

• The Dragon
    The Dragon

Good!

I should fit right in.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Food for thought...especially if one is still a dub.

• Terry
    Terry

The essence of your questioning demonstrates you already know what is dysfunctional about the Watchtower Society and the general ethos of religious "explanations" as a whole.

It boils down to this. We are either individuals on this planet or we are not.

An individual begins at square one. To advance to square two you have to use your rational mind with a determined focus to filter everything you encounter. The filtering is for testing the validity of your concepts as they become a part of your mind tools.

When an individual becomes part of a group and engages in Group Think the personal curiousity is short-circuited and one's intellectual mechanism is tainted and sent into atrophy.

If you abandon your own power and relinquish your own authority to determine what reality is and how it works you pay a price.

There is the REAL world and then there is the imaginary world. The real world is accessible through your senses and is quantifiable and measurable and testable. The imaginary world throws away the science and logic and depends on the assertions of an authority.

A lazy person accepts the authority and relaxes their hold on the testing and inquiry and skepticism.

Once you lose your own confidence in your individuality you are lost in circling the drain of a vortex that leads down into an abyss of ignorance which declares itself to be "transcendant wisdom".

Your responsibility should be to answer YOUR OWN QUESTIONS and not be asking other people to think for you.

You don't expect others to feed you if you are an adult. You'd be a crippled soul to expect that.

So too with your mind and intellectual mechanism. Feed yourself and choose what you eat carefully. Test your premises before you build on them.

It is your brain, your life, your mind and your future at stake.

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

Very good questions. I plan on using some of them on the elders.

• Will Power
  • Will Power
    Will Power

Great advice by Terry about searching for your OWN answers.

"I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question."

welcome
    wp

• The Dragon
    The Dragon

thank you Terry and Willpower.

The reason I ask these questions..is to see where everyone else is on these issues, as well as hope for insight or other sides to the "box" I am not seeing, that they are.

I have my own opinions on many of these questions already, but I am not satisfied with my own opinions...i would like to find universal truth. Or what is truly "right" in God's eyes/opinion so that I may be able to choose to do so, or refuse.

But how can I choose the "right" way..if I don't know TRULY what it is? How can anyone?

• Flash
    Flash

Hello Dragon.

I agree that the Witnesses, especialy the GB are abusively narrow and controlling.

Even so, concerning your questions about God and how He operates, my question for you is, "What is there about God and His actions do you like?" Satan is and promotes Lawlessness. Think about what Lawlessness taken to the farthest degree would mean. Not just a breakdown of human society but the end of ALL that exists, because everything exists because it is held together by Law. This is why I believe it is "impossible for God to lie" because that would mean the end of everything, including God Himself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit