Comments You Will Not Hear at the 7-16-06 WT Study (Choose Life)

by blondie 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• heathen
    heathen

I like the part about elders not making rules on their own . Some of them are very much into doing that . Then there's the love your neighbor as yourself part but we all know their love comes with a knife in the back . It just seems like there's a cycle they go thru here with threats and pleadings and guilt trips , when was the last aticle that they actually used the words please and thank you or even offer prayers for anybody ? I remember an aticle where they did discuss manners and how God would use the words please and thank you but then the WTBTS plainly ignored it's own counsel by not using it . It's no mystery to me that they feel obedience to them is the same as obeying God because of the FDS dogma , according to the WTBTS , jesus appointed them over all his earthly interests , but really that's the only credibility they have left , of course they have been wrong so many times nobody takes them seriously so they have to put out constant reminders like this crap to keep people in submission . The sad part is that most of them don't have a clue as to what actually was going on with the organization from day one and will blindly accept anything from headquarters .

Great job again blondie . keep it coming sweety

• alienagent
    alienagent
    Jehovah created humans with free will to make their own decisions. While elders are to counsel and even to discipline, they are not to take over the life or faith of another. Paul said: "Not that we are the masters over your faith, but we are fellow workers for your joy, for it is by your faith that you are standing." (2 Corinthians 1:24) Yes, "each one will carry his own load." (Galatians 6:5) Jehovah has given us much freedom within the bounds of his laws and principles. Thus elders should avoid setting rules where Scriptural principles are not violated. And they should resist any tendency to offer their own personal opinions as dogma or to let their ego get in the way if someone disagrees with such views.-2 Corinthians 3:17; 1 Peter 2:16.

I went to the Hall this morning with a neatly trimmed beard just to see how the brother/sisters would react. I rarely make the meetings but I make an occasional Sunday mainly to just please my mother. I received many looks of disproval and some would not even ackowledge me. When I was walking outside to the car, my elder brother-in-law approached me with a sour look on his face and said: "Haven't you learned anything? I need for you to make sure you are clean-shaven before you come into the Kingdom Hall" My response? "Haven't YOU learned anything? Did you not listen to the Watchtower study?" He gave me a puzzled look. Since when does the "organization" follow it's own advice? That is, Elders should avoid setting petty rules and regulations or offer there own opinions. My mother commented: "I can't believe you came into Jehovah's house looking like a worldly person!" I guess Jesus should have shaved before walking into God's temple. It is all just insane.

• serendipity
    serendipity

I guess the beard thing may vary by cong. cuz every cong I've been in has one or more bearded brothers. They may not be elders, or have privileges, but maybe that was fine with them. I never heard anyone criticize them either.

• mavie
    mavie
    Jehovah has the ability to know in advance what will happen, he does not predetermine our individual actions and destiny.

I wonder if Esau would think that?
    (Genesis 25:23) And Jehovah proceeded to say to her: "Two nations are in your belly, and two national groups will be separated from your inward parts; and the one national group will be stronger than the other national group, and the older will serve the younger."

Or Samson?
    (Judges 13:5) For, look! you will be pregnant, and you will certainly give birth to a son, and no razor should come upon his head, because a Naz´i·rite of God is what the child will become on leaving the belly; and he it is who will take the lead in saving Israel out of the hand of the Phi·lis´tines."

Or Cyrus?
    (Isaiah 44:28-45:1) 28 the One saying of Cyrus, 'He is my shepherd, and all that I delight in he will completely carry out'; even in [my] saying of Jerusalem, 'She will be rebuilt,' and of the temple, 'You will have your foundation laid.'" 45 This is what Jehovah has said to his anointed one, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have taken hold of, to subdue before him nations, so that I may ungird even the hips of kings; to open before him the two-leaved doors, so that even the gates will not be shut:

Love it, love it, love it! Thank you Blondie.

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

Just wanted to say I specifically look out for your comments you will not hear posts, I find them very enjoyable to read and appreciate the time and thought and research you put in. Thank you

CS 101

• Axelspeed
    Axelspeed

Thanks Blondie for the insightful post, as always.

Although Jehovah has the ability to know in advance what will happen, he does not predetermine our individual actions and destiny.

So let me get this straight. I can go the Blockbuster and rent a movie. Then I can take it home and begin viewing it. At this point I can either 1) watch the full movie and wait to see how it ends, or 2) use the remote control (my ability) to fast forward and see how it ends in advance (prophecy) .

Either way, does it change the ending of the movie, or has that already been set?

I've always wondered that if the future can be known, then isn't is already set -- if so, that is a form of predestination.

If something cannot be known or is not predetermined, then it cannot be the basis for real prophecy.

Axel

• alienagent
    alienagent

Blondie

• alienagent
    alienagent

Blondie

• alienagent
    alienagent

Ooops not sure what happened there, lets try again...

Blondie

After reading your post again, I must say you have summed up the lunacy of the WTS in a nutshell. So much arrogance just permeates each paragraph. During the study (and when I was not dozing off), I asked myself many similar questions, such as where Jesus falls into play here. Why don't they just blatantly say "listen to JW's or you face destruction. They are the only intelligent beings on Earth that can save your life." Only a select few at in the congregation will comment - usually those who's minds are completely eaten away by the propoganda.

Thanks for taking the time research those articles.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit