sick bstrd's

by carla 15 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Note how the WTS sets it up for them to be able to back-date prophecies.

*** w04 2/1 p. 21 pars. 12-13 "The Scene of This World Is Changing" ***

In recent years, politicians have often used the phrase "peace and security" to describe various human schemes. They even dubbed 1986 the International Year of Peace, although that year did not live up to its name. Do such efforts by world leaders constitute the complete fulfillment of 1 Thessalonians 5:3, or was Paul referring to a specific event of such dramatic proportions as to claim world attention?

13 Since Bible prophecies are often fully understood only after they are fulfilled or are in the process of fulfillment, we will have to wait and see. It is of interest, though, that Paul compared the sudden destruction following the cry of "Peace and security!" to the birth pang of a pregnant woman. Over a period of about nine months, an expectant mother becomes increasingly aware of the baby that is growing within her. She may be able to hear her baby’s heartbeat or feel its movements in the womb. It may even kick her. The signs often become more and more pronounced until, one day, she feels a sharp pain, a pang, indicating that the hoped-for event—the baby’s birth—has arrived. Hence, however the prophesied cry of "Peace and security!" may be fulfilled, it will lead to a sudden, painful, but ultimately blessed event—the destruction of wickedness and the beginning of a new world system.

• blondie
    blondie

Another interesting statement

w91 9/1 p. 5 The Bible’s View of Peace and Security ***

What does the foretold talk of peace and security involve? Clearly, it must be more than mere talk. Men have been talking of peace almost as long as they have been fighting wars. Paul’s words must point to a time when the nations appear to be achieving peace and security in an outstanding way. But this amounts only to a surface appearance. An apparent peace and security that leads to sudden destruction is obviously neither real peace nor genuine security.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I was approached by a JW women a couple days ago and she was giving out flyers for the DC. She was giving me the usual "world condiitons that Im sure you have noticed" and I said..."Im 52 years old and compared to WWI and WWII and the Black Plague and the depression and Viet Nam, and a whole slew of other "events", living today aint so bad. So if you want me to come to a convention to pray that God please destroy the earth and everybody on it NOW like that will make things BETTER...I think I'll pass." She was like la la la la hope you can come la la la .....

• Arthur
    Arthur
    If they are right....and this conflict in the Middle East leads to a war the world is terrified of and the nations and the U.S. beg the U.N to put a stop to it and all look to the U.N as the entity which brings "peace and security" to the world and Armageddy comes because this makes God jealous that people are looking to a false god for their help...then BRING IT ON!!! THE WHOLE STORY STINKS AND IS RIDICULOUS!

You make a good point. I remember one writer talking about the prophecy of the U.N. abolishing religion all over the earth. He asked: "If the U.N. can't even reign in a war-lord who controls a sector of a single territory, how are they going to control a billion Muslims?"

• aniron
    aniron

It always puzzled me with JW's.

One minute they are saying that events in the world, like those occurring now, are sign Armageddon is due.

Then, as has been said, they say there will be "peace and security" before Armageddon.

Also what about the scriptire in Matthew 24:36-38

"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark;

According to JW's with this scripture things will be carrying on as normal, then Armageddon will catch everyone out.

Either the world is going to be in a right mess when Armageddon starts or things are going to be "peace and security" etc.

Which is it?

• parakeet
    parakeet

"Actually JWs should be hoping for "peace and security" since that is what happens just before the UN destroys Babylon the Great, according to WTS interpretations."

Blondie, I remember my JW parents getting all excited when the Berlin Wall came down and the Soviet bloc was dismantled in the early 90s. They thought that was the "peace and security" that would lead directly to the great trib and Armageddon.
    Good times or bad, the JWs have the answer to everything. It's an all-purpose, all-temperature religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit