Investigative / judicial committees are a function of Brooklyn.

by garybuss 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• under_believer
    under_believer

Gotcha, sorry.
    I don't think they deny the fact that this is how it works, and it can easily be proven.
    It definitely stretches the meaning of "justice." I posted a quote from Churchill earlier:
    The power of the executive to cast a man into prison without formulating any charge known to the law, and particularly to deny him the judgment of his peers, is in the highest degree odious, and the foundation of all totalitarian government whether Nazi or Communist.
    By definition with this heirarchical judicial system, there is no judgement of peers. It is dictatorial by definition. It's a parody of mismatched ideas from the Jewish law code and from inferrences they've made from Acts and various insane things Paul said.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I never thought of it before you brought it up but in 1993 the BOE had to call the Service Desk in NY because of some things I was involved in with the congregation. The PO and Secretary were scared out of their britches and didn't want to get the congregation sued. When it was all said and done, the wife and I just quietly moved to another territory and then started attending a KH outside of the territory we had moved into. We figured it was better to keep the peace and let the dog sleep a bit longer.

• sspo
    sspo

As far as I know, was an elder for 21 years, the society has nothing to do with JC.

The local elders make the decisions of what to do with individual cases.

The only time the Society gets involved is when someone threathen lawsuit and then the elders call the society for instructions.

of course the congregation keeps records of DF's and reproof and if DF's occurs then cards are sent to Bethel.

• Honesty
    Honesty

One day a JC controlled by the boyz in Bethel is gonna come back to haunt the Watchtower Society.

• sspo
    sspo

Gary

the complain had to come from the South Dakota Cong., probably they knew of your " apostasy" and they warned the Texas cong. about you and keep an eye on you, to make sure you would not cause any wves in their territory.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Sspo, If Bethel has nothing to do with the judicial committee, why does the judicial committee report decisions in writing to Bethel? What does the congregation have to do with the judicial committees? Is the judicial committee accountable to the congregation? Or is it accountable to Bethel only?

It's my understanding the judicial committee does not reveal any judicial details to the congregation, even if the issue at hand is a predator. Yet the predator IS reported to Bethel.

If the elders making up the judicial committees are appointed by Bethel, and only report to Bethel, and never take any directions whatsoever from the congregations, doesn't that make the elders independent of the congregations BUT dependant on Bethel? Don't the elders actually function in the place of Bethel? As agents of Bethel?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit