Major (5 star) barf alert about DC experience

by blindersoff 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• imconfused
    imconfused

these stories are so silly they MUST be made up! And theres always some kind af variation on the same theme.

Yet, they never tell of the people who say, "dont give me the friday off then I quit" so the boss says fine, youre fired. I heard about this happening to someone and they didnt get a new job for years, as the reference from the previous employer stated that if he didnt get time off when he wanted he would threaten to quit.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

He had asked his boss for the day off and told him

if he didn't get it he would quit.

*cough* bullshit

• snakeface
    snakeface

In many cases when Jesus was giving talks, he knew the crowd had other needs such as for food, and he fed them. He didn't expect them to skip meals just to listen to him.

The GoBo should imitate Jesus by recognizing the fact that the flock has other needs (like the need to support their families) and not schedule conventions on Fridays.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I always got a kick out of these stories. Nobody in their right mind is going to threaten their employer with quitting so as to attend a convention. Speaking personally, I hate using vacation days for the convention. It's a waste of a vacation day. With the job i have now, I have a little over a month's worth of vacation time saved, and it irritates me to even have to use two days worth of it to attend the district convention. Waste of time and money.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    He had asked his boss for the day off and told him if he didn't get it he would quit.

An employer might grant a day off if such a threat were made so he wouldn't be shorthanded for the next week or two while he was interviewing new job applicants.

W

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    He had asked his boss for the day off and told him
    if he didn't get it he would quit. The boss said he was too valuable an
    employee to lose and gave him Friday off and Thursday as well to get ready
    for the convention.

They left out the part where the boss says, "Come to think of it, Kevin you a-hole, take the rest of the year off and the one after that cause you're fired. You don't be threatening the boss, hear?"

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Anyone who has been apart of WBT$ Assemby Experiences,know it`s all BS..

By the time they are done with your story..It`s been bent and shaped to what the WBT$ wants you to say..

The orginal story no longer exists..

............................ ...OUTLAW

• snakeface
    snakeface

He had asked his boss for the day off and told him if he didn't get it he would quit.

An employer might grant a day off if such a threat were made so he wouldn't be shorthanded for the next week or two while he was interviewing new job applicants.

Exactly! The boss would let him have the day off for the convention....then about a month later he'd be fired. In the meantime they'd make his life hell there.

Maybe Bethelites should threaten to "quit" every time they want to go home for a visit.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

He said, "You have never received a letter from the Slave that said, "Dear Brother, We will not be having a District Convention this year because we don't have anything to say".

No, but I remember the letter from "the Slave" that shortened the Public Talk by 15 minutes, so that the friends could spend more time door-knocking (that didn't happen).

And I remember the letter from "the Slave" that eliminated the Congregation Book Study groups and condensed the midweek meeting to an hour less on just one night. This was done since "the Slave" understood that Jehovah wasn't helping them pay for expensive gasoline.

And I remember when "the Slave" eliminated an Awake! per month and one Watchtower per month for public distribution. Evidently because they didn't have enough of anything to write.

And I remember when the replaced the "Knowledge", "Live Forever", "Truth", and numerous other books because what had been written was no longer suitable to be studied.

And I remember when conventions were more than three days.

So, Lett is forgetting that they really don't have as much to say, and they just say the same things over and over.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Even if Kevin and his family went to the DC, it certainly doesn't prove that anything in the program was "the truth." People visit and change churches all the time. Some dude in Arkansas has just stumbled on the JW flavor of crazy. Too bad for him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit