SPITITISM AND OCCULT IN WT

by badboy 11 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

iTS SEEMS THAT ctr WAS INVOLVED IN OCCULT AND SPIRITISTIC PRACTICES.

• greendawn
    greendawn

He definitely was involved in such practices he dabbled in astrology, pyramidology, masonic symbolism, and published the sayings of a fallen angel to a spirit woman.

As for the term watchtower it seems to originate from Enochian magic one of the most potent forms of black magic. Clearly there was a very dark and little known side of himself. Was he secretly using occultic forces to promote his business ie the watchtower society?

• badboy
    badboy

PERHAPS I SHOULD HAD ENTITLED THE THREAD;WAS CTR IN LEAGUE WITH THE DEVIL?

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Yep, and they still are!!!

• greendawn
    greendawn

That would be a more intrersting question was he in league with the demons? Let's also not forget that Rutherford was according to his own admission contacting angels, God's angels he claimed but given all the nonsense and lies they transmitted to him and which he then wrote to enlighten us, he was obviously contacting demons.

From 1880 until 1942 it's 62 years in other words the WTS was definitely involved in the occult for half the time of its existence, and we don't know if Knorr and Franz etc continued the same in secret perhaps to this day.

• carla
    carla

Greendawn, you forgot phrenology (reading bumps on the head). There was also something written about the size of ones nose and how it relates to your character or personality. I don't know if that has some occultish practice associated with it or just the ridiculous.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Carla, in fact phrenology is just a pseudoscience a form of quackery and has nothing to do with the occult.

In addition they promoted several charlatan cures for a range of diseases that may well have killed or maimed some of their members. The same would happen with the blood transfusion ban later.

Rutherford was deadly hostile to orthodox medicine because he believed it originated in pagan ancient Egypt, and had nothing good to say about it.

• carla
    carla

Right you are! My mistake. Previously I had read from someone who lumped it with chiromancy (reading palms). It is indeed considered psudoscience. All the medical quackery of the wt is quite astounding. But, I still have to laugh when I think of Rutherford and his 'air baths' jumping up and down buck naked! eww, not a good visual image!

• Gregor
    Gregor

Similar to reading tea leaves, spititism interprets the meaning of those gobs on the sidewalk.

(sorry, some typos I just can't resist.)

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Nice one Gregor - had been pondering suitably cheeky myself!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit