Is There Anything After Death?

by Life Is Grand 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Life Is Grand
    Life Is Grand

You guys are all really sweet-thank you.

I guess we just wait and see-that is all any of us can do....and enjoy every single day that we have on this Earth to the max...thanks again.

• bebu
    bebu

LIG, I think it is a little strange that sometimes we "force" ourselves to believe something which we really don't believe. If you don't believe in something, you don't. If you do, you do. Until you see a new dimension that was unseen before, or experience something that was not experienced before, do our beliefs start to really change in the inmost parts. Funerals are places where we get challenged again in our worldview. We may change our completely change our worldview, or believe even more deeply. Or we may not change at all.

For me, I find it impossible to believe that the ones that I know and love are utterly meaningless. I believe that they are significant in ways higher than flesh and blood can show, and inspite of the sudden "nothingness" their bodies will become. By extension, I believe that all the people in the world are likewise significant--your friend, your parent, and your child. Significant to God, and therefore eternally significant (not just significant if anyone still remembers them on earth). I believe that God is Love, and love really exists and preserves forever.

I came to believe like this after a dearly loved one's funeral. I'm not forcing it. I can't help it.

bebu

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Usually a funeral or memorial service, that's about it.

W.Once

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit