STUDY: Hallucinogen in mushrooms prompts positive changes in people

by Elsewhere 21 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Bst,

Scary,,was that an awe type of scary or like just frightened,, I get both sometimes,,, but mostly now it has been acceptance of what is and curiousity to go yet deeper.

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

Scary because I was with people I didn't really trust.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

That's why they say setting is very important. Be in a comfortable safe place where you will be relatively undisturbed.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    In the study, more than 60 percent of subjects described the effects of psilocybin in ways that met criteria for a "full mystical experience" as measured by established psychological scales. One third said the experience was the single most spiritually significant of their lifetimes; and more than two-thirds rated it among their five most meaningful and spiritually significant. Griffiths says subjects liken it to the importance of the birth of their first child or the death of a parent.

Well damn pass that baby my way...

mj has the ability to kick a lot of psycho-spiritual-whatever doors down for me, but it kinda messes with me pretty bad with paranoia so I'd have to think long and hard before I'd try 'shrooms

• millions now living are dead
    millions now living are dead

About 2 months ago I went to Iquitos, Peru to consume Ayahuasca (a halucinogenic) and get worked over by a shaman. I would never of considered this as little as 6 months ago but my depression was getting horrible. I am 4th generation witness out of 5 and the only one to leave, so I found myself in a lose-lose situation and unable to deal with it. Anyway, to make a long story short, nothing worked until....holy crap. I've never taken a drug before except 2 times with marajuana in which I felt just about nothing. I don't drink alcohol and I was not interested in getting high, but I researched Ayahuasca and found it to be something that might work for me.

Because of my background, I had alot of cult programming which translates into alot of pain during an Ayahuasca ceremony. It was the most intense and painful experience of my life. I thought I would die in the jungles of Peru. I would say that YOU MUST HAVE AN EXPERIENCED SHAMAN WITH YOU WHEN CONSUMING AYAHUASCA. I found a wonderful place in which I felt safe and cared for. I cannot tell you what I experieced because you would never believe it. Much of it was when I was not "high" on the drug. It seems to work out your issues and make you face your demons. I DO NOT recommend this for recreation. The Ayahuasceros (shamans that work with Ayahuasca) do not consider it a drug but a medicine and I would agree.

Like I said, I would of never considered this only 6 months ago. Even the word Shaman used to strike terror in me. I found the two Shamans I worked with caring and true medicine men. I had lost my belief in God and in anything but "little me" in a big universe. Ayahuasca shook me out of my sleep.

I am still currently experiencing panic and anxiety at times. It is usually when something wants out, usually some type of fear. I instictively know how to deal with it now and it passes. After it's over I always feel a little lighter, like some weight is forever gone.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

wicked man. mushies are great for "transcending the meat". but lsd is hands down my fave.

ts

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I've no interest in drugs. Oh there's a small curiousity about marijuana but otherwise, nah.

But the last thing I'd do is 'shrooms. Unless it was LSD.

Dumb ignorant question: is there a difference? I mean besides the obvious one (one is a mushroom and one isn't). I mean they're both psychedlic (or whatever the term is) aren't they?

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    Dumb ignorant question: is there a difference? I mean besides the obvious one (one is a mushroom and one isn't). I mean they're both psychedlic (or whatever the term is) aren't they?

shrooms and lsd are both non addictive.

shrooms are the product of genetic evolution.

lsd is the product of human memetic evolution. - meaning that we made this drug for ourselves, instead of accidentally stumbling across it in the forest thousands of years ago.

lsd is much stronger and intense than shrooms are, but both are safe. i personally think that you can have much more intense psycho-spiritual experiences on lsd. and personally, i think lsd is healthier for you too. but be prepared for a real ride if your idealogical grip on "this reality" is white-knucked and conservative. the main thing to remember is to be relaxed, in a safe place with people you trust, and to just go with the flow and not fight any of the thikngs you experience. if you can remember not to fight it, your experience will always be good. i have never had a bad trip because i am not afraid of letting go psychologically.

ts

• Robdar
    Robdar

The best shrooms are in Amsterdam.

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

The voices I hear tell me you guys are nuts.
    The only mushrooms I like are in tomato sauce, thank you very much!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit