The lost books of the Bible

by Kristen 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AhHah
    AhHah

I came across this and thought it was pretty funny. This guy claims that Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses are actually the same organization! But you may want to check out the good photographs of Charles Russell's tomb and pyramid monument. He might be right about Russell's association with Freemasons -- does anyone know anything about that?

url http://www.50megs.com/davidicke/icke/magazine/vol9/articles/russell.html

Edited by - AhHah on 28 October 2000 13:44:14

• AhHah
    AhHah

Another link on Prince Michael of Albany. This is wild stuff!

url http://members.tripod.com/~PetraGrail/news.html

PRINCE MICHAEL OF ALBANY CLAIMS SCOTTISH THRONE AS STEWART HEIR
    In a bold move, the head of the House of Stewart is claiming to be
    the true heir of Scotland's Crown, and the descendent of Jesus & King
    David (hence, Messiah?). He says Charles is not entitled to throne
    of Britain, but supports William & Harold, Diana's sons. In his book,
    THE FORGOTTEN MONARCHY OF SCOTLAND (published near 2000th anniversary
    of the birth of Jesus), the 35-yr. old Michael formally claims to be
    the rightful King of Scotland. He was chosen head of The European
    Council of Princes in 1992. Prince Michael's claims were
    detailed in BLOODLINE OF THE HOLY GRAIL by Laurence Gardner in 1996.
    Since then the British Coronation Stone has been returned to Scot-
    land & it has elected a parliament with Michael's behind-the-scenes
    encouragement. He has drawn up a sample consitution and advocates
    full Scottish independence, which will allow him to begin ruling as
    King, if Scotland approves him. Few realize that Gardner is an
    admitted member of "The Court of the Dragon," which claims David &
    Jesus are heirs of Cain (and proud of it). They revile "Jehovah" and
    defend Sodom & Gommorah as victims of His wrath. They advocate blood-
    drinking (fresh menstrual blood) & eating the glandular secretions of
    human brains. Their "Dragon" is the enemy of Jehovah, he says.
    For more, see Oct/Nov '98 NEXUS magazine, pp. 29-34: "Star Fire:
    The Gold of the Gods" by Gardner, Pt. 1 of 3 on these topics. This
    spring Vol 2 of BLOODLINE series will appear: GENESIS OF THE GRAIL
    KINGS: THE PENDRAGON LEGACY OF ADAM & EVE, which details their
    gruesome beliefs.... For more on the true genesis of
    such cannibalistic & vampiristic lusts, see the links below to the
    LILITH pages in "SCORCHINGLY HOT."
  • Seven
    Seven

AhHah, "Wild stuff," is right! I'm always looking for references to the lost books. Thanks for the links-especially Jasher. Like Kristen I'm interested in reading these books that didn't make the cut.Seven

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Ugh! Some of that stuff sounds really disgusting...

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

So what's the general consensus here, is the Bible as we have it today incomplete? Should some other books be added? Should some be removed? Were those so-called 'lost books of the Bible' ever in the Bible to begin with? When did the Bible begin to be the Bible?

• Seven
    Seven

Frenchy, You ask when the Bible began to be the Bible? Here's a click: http://www.greatsite.com/engbibhis/index.html This provides some dates and a brief history. If other books should be added is anybodys guess. I went to dogpile.com and typed in the Gospel of Thomas and hit search. There were many essays, commentaries, excerpts and opinions of this and the other books. It seems a few of these Thomas gospels were written by sects with their own agendas. One sect in particular believed that Jesus was actually God in disguise. Other accounts portrayed Jesus as a juvenile deliquent, a bully and a show off-performing miracles for his own amusement. Not at all humble and very unrecognizable to me. My readings have taken me back to square one.
    Seven
    *be sure and scroll down to the transmission of the English Bible

Edited by - sevenofnine on 3 November 2000 15:22:22

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Thanks, Seven, a very well done synopsis I think. What I had in mind, however, was not so much the transmission of the Bible (once it became so)but howthe Bible got to be the Bible. Assuming that Moses wrote the Pentateuch it's not difficult to understand how the Jews accepted these holy writings as being from God given that their leader said he received these things from God. After all, the man parted the Red Sea! Who would question his credentials after that?!

But I was interested in what some of you here know (or believe) as to how the other thirty four books of the OT and then the subsequent 27 books of the NT ended up all in one book that we now call the Bible. I have a conception (be it true or be it false) of how this came about and I was just looking for other views on it.

• Theophilus
    Theophilus

Howdy!

Extra-Biblical literature is a real interest of mine and I have done some research (no doctorate or anything, but it is a fascinating study). Most researchers (christian and secular) pretty much seem to go along with the idea that the gospels not included in the Bible (that of Thomas, Philip, Mary Magdalene, etc...) were written during the second century A.D. by the Gnostic sects to promote their beliefs (the non-diety of Christ was a biggie). The Gospel of Barnabus is an 18th century fraud (and was touted by the Muslims for awhile as the correct "injil" mentioned in the Koran). If you are interested i reading early Christian literature from the Church fathers from ~100 A.D. to ~800 A.D., I recommend the following link...
    http://www.ccel.org
    It's a HUGE amount of writing.
    Enjoy!

• Seven
    Seven

Theo, Thanks for providing the link: http://www.ccel.org. I saw you listed under the Fathers of the second century.

Edited by - SevenOfNine on 6 November 2000 23:39:58

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit