And now for something mad.

by vomit 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• vomit
    vomit

The origins of Jehovah is the Irish letter Jodh, which gave rise to the Hebrew Yod, the first letter of god's name. This letter Jodh or Yodh (the Greek Iota) is our modern "I" and "J." The Irish Druids associated this letter with the tree we refer to as the Yew (from Yeu or Yodh). This is why Moses encountered his god Jehovah at "burning bush," or tree. Deus (meaning god) comes originally from Dis or Dis Pater, the chief Celtic deity and Lord of the Underworld.

http://www.taroscopes.com/astro-theology/astrotheology2.html

• Ms. Whip
  • Sad emo
    Sad emo

vomit: mad indeedy!!

Ms Whip: That looks like one annoided kitty!! (Actually reminds me of mine when I first brought him home, he'd been born in a really dirty warehouse where I used to work and I had to bathe him three times in two days to clean him up!!)

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Ms whip,

I hope this wasn't a baptism.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Ms whip,

I hope this wasn't a baptism. Yeah, and I hope those aren't Ms Whip's arms and hands. They look rather hairy and masculine to belong to a girl.

• greendawn
    greendawn

That's not the true explanation but a very arbitrary one. Yahveh is a Jewish word which means "the one that is" or "the one that truly is" as opposed to the other Gods that were false and did not really exist.

At the end of the day it's a word from one of the many human languages, it also identifies the source of existence or being with the Jewish God.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    That's not the true explanation but a very arbitrary one. Yahveh is a Jewish word which means "the one that is" or "the one that truly is" as opposed to the other Gods that were false and did not really exist.

That is not correct, Greendawn. The jews of Moses time worshipped Yahweh, and strongly believed that all the other gods also existed! This is clear both in the Bible and from other sources. The clearest is in the first of the ten commandments: "I am Yahweh your God that brought you out of Egypt. You shall have no other Gods before me..." --- as opposed to "no other Gods exist than me". What you have here is a left-over belief from your JW-days. The meaning of "yahweh" lies in it`s origin, as the name probably is a form of the verb ha-wah, which means "to become".The name therefore means something like "He causes to become". It`s original pronounciation was probably Yahouah, Yahoh, Yahu, or...Yahweh.

• sinis
    sinis

Here is the 1 MILLION dollar question: Since the bible speaks of other "gods" ruling certain nations, was YAWEH ONLY the god of the jews, and therefore the jews were no supposed to worship any other GOD since YAWEH brought them out of Egypt? So, is YAWEH the ALMIGHTY god or are there other gods ruling the nations and we are supposed to worship whoever THAT god is, under that nation?

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    So, is YAWEH the ALMIGHTY god or are there other gods ruling the nations and we are supposed to worship whoever THAT god is, under that nation?

The jewish answer at the time of Moses: Yes, there are other gods, but if you are a jew, Yahweh is the one you shall worship. And if you are a jew, you worship Yahweh whereever you go. What the other nations do, is not of any interest, but if you are not a jew, then we will kill you. And our God Yahweh will help us do that, and then we will kill your whole family, everyone in the village you live in, even the livestock we will kill, and then we will salt the earth, so that nothing can live there again.

The jewish answer after the return from Babylon: There is just one God, Yahweh. None of the others really exist. So worship Yahweh. Or he will kill you.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

if i'm remembering correctly, according to historians, Yahweh wasnt even a major god, he was a storm god and had a wife.

then the Jews chose him as their monotheistic god

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit