Things JW's say...

by Zico 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Zico
    Zico

Since realising that this Organisation doesn't have the Truth, I've started to notice a lot of hypocritical statements from other JW's. They criticise others for doing the same things they do, though they don't seem to realise it. As I'm still a part of this Organisation, it makes it very frustrating for me to hear these things, and not be able to shout out about their hypocrisy. I suppose what really frustrates me most, is that just 6 months ago, I would have been agreeing with everything they say.

An example of this happened earlier today. A Witness friend was telling me about some Muslim beliefs. He said that one of the big teachings of the Muslim religion are that they will one day rise up against the 'infidels' with Allah's backing, and kill anyone who is not a muslim. He described those teachings as showing a lack of love, saying how crazy it is that Muslim's would be willing to kill all their family and friends if those people weren't muslims.

Now, I don't know much about muslim beliefs, so I don't know how true the above is, and I simply replied by saying that I'm sure there are some muslims who are peaceful and caring people. But on the inside, I was so annoyed, I just wanted to shout out and say 'Don't you realise that our religion teaches that Jehovah will kill billions of people who won't follow us!?' but it no doubt would have gone over his head.

Has any one else got similar examples?

• Jourles
    Jourles
    saying how crazy it is that Muslim's would be willing to kill all their family and friends if those people weren't muslims.

It's not hypocritical to say that jah will kill the worldlings. Jah is the one doing the killing, not the jdubbers.

• Warlock
    Warlock

How about telling someone about the shortcomings of "Organized" religion and having them tell you "Well, your religion is organized, isn't it?".

Warlock

• Zico
    Zico

Jourles,

You're right, but he said the Muslims believe that they'll be killing people with Allah's backing, so I don't see how it is that different? Without really thinking about it, they still don't have an issue with the fact that their non-JW friends and family will die during Armageddon.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Muslims believe that they'll be killing people with Allah's backing,

Which beggars the question that has been discussed here previously:

Do you think that JWs would commit murder if the WTS could convince them that this is what Jehoobie wants? I was surprised that so many on here believed that was a viable possibility. Scary.

• lilybird
    lilybird

Zico.. its so true that Dubs speak one way and act another.. That was one of many things that made me walk away. I was tired of everyone looking at what the other person was doing.. while they were doing whatever they liked and that was ok!!!

Really, when you speak about the Muslims wanting to please Allah.. well their God is as real to them as Jehovah is to the DUBs. Why does the western think they have the monopoly on a sovereign God.. And..zico....like you said.. Dubs are quite content with thinking that their God will kill anyone who doesn't think or believe their way.They are no different from the Muslims they are condeming..But, they should remember.. Muslims don't believe in killing innocent people to make their point.. it is only radical fractions.. That must mean Dubs are radicals.. They can't wait for the day when Jah rids the earth of wicked religions and non-believers..

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Do you think that JWs would commit murder if the WTS could convince them that this is what Jehoobie wants?

Yes. They sound so robotic as it is. They look to the WTS to tell them what their consciences say. If the WTS said it's God's will, I think some of the more "zealous" super Jdubs would do it.

It's really scary to think about, actually.

• lilybird
    lilybird

Do you think that JWs would commit murder if the WTS could convince them that this is what Jehoobie wants?
    Well we all know they do committ murder already in Jah's name.. Look at the innocent children who have died from no blood transfusions or people who died in the days they wouldn't allow organ transplants.. Unfortunately,its all done in the name of praising Jah.. and these poor brainwashed smucks who gave their lives are praised for their loyalty to the death for Jehovah..

• greendawn
    greendawn

They criticise the popes for having been authoritarian in the past yet they are just as authoritarian in the present. Their leaders are as self serving, power hungry, and dictatorial as any medieval pope.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Since realising that this Organisation doesn't have the Truth, I've started to notice a lot of hypocritical statements from other JW's. They criticise others for doing the same things they do, though they don't seem to realise it. As I'm still a part of this Organisation, it makes it very frustrating for me to hear these things, and not be able to shout out about their hypocrisy. I suppose what really frustrates me most, is that just 6 months ago, I would have been agreeing with everything they say.

I think the most hypocritical thing JW's do and say is point fingers at how unloving the whole world is, how cold and backstabbing and self-serving it is, when actually they are the coldest bunch I've ever known, only loving their friends and families under the condition that they do exactly what the WTS says they should do. If you don't do everything exactly right, you are marked as bad association and cut out of social groups within the congregation. If you think for yourself and do something that is perceived to be against the WTS rules, you are cut off completely by people you've known your whole lives, by people you considered your family, and many times by your actual family. Meanwhile they take your reputation that you've spent a lifetime building up and they drag it through the mud and spread lies about you.

Who here has been stabbed in the back and betrayed completely by a "brother" or "sister"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit