Visit from JW relatives went better than expected

by troubled mind 2 Replies latest social family

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Wow miracles never cease to amaze me . I was not bombarded by MIL like I thought I was going to be . Thought they were going to pry into why we are no longer going to meetings , they went by themselves while here and didn't even ask us if we wanted to go too . Good things came from this visit too . They have shunned their youngest son for about 15 yrs. calling him once a year to make sure he is alive and that's about it . While they were here they invited him and his family to a family gathering , and talked with him normally , and even invited him to their place for a visit ( they live in another state ) ! This is BIG. My father in law is an Elder and has always towed the JW line . We are even invited to come see them next month !

• blumandy
    blumandy

hi there, im new to board here, but ill just jump right in.glad the visit went so well. i imagine a visit from mine wouldnt go as smoothlly. but use caution when visiting them, im sure the magazines wil lbe stratigically placed where u can see them at there home, and once at there home, they may feel more inclined to up the anty so to speak. if its one thing ive learned from my experience its when they seem"normal", that they come from behind and smack the same load of jw stuff on ya.and your left thinking, i should of known better. but maybe not, good luck!~mandy

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Thanks for the advice . I know when they are back on their own ground the rules may change. All I know for sure is that I will not be packing any KH appropriate clothing so they can't expect me to attend meeting with them .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit