Are We Missing the Bigger Picture???

by drew sagan 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

It's the dog chasing his tail. Going nowhere. After he rests a little bit, he gets up and starts chasing his tail again. Going in circles. This the big picture.

Blueblades

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

That was my impression. I believe that they are changing big time. Good post.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

"SIRNOSE those comments are exactly the same as what my mother used to say. especially towards the late 80's and 90's she would always talk about how the other sheep where incapable of running the organization the way the anointed did. "
    --darth frosty
    It's so sad to see people just swallow that whole two-class doctrine and conclude that they are less of a person. That's what the GB wants to happen. Hey, maybe she's right: it takes a special kind of person to maintain that web of tortured logic, unsound rhetoric, and just outright lies in the magazines. Those old-timers are the only ones who can do it the best.

• jgnat
    jgnat
    What's the deal w/ the spiral bound books.

looking_glass, the fad around here is to take the cheaply bound paperbacks and take them to a copy shop to have them spiral bound. The binding from the WTBTS does not hold up to heavy study.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Excellent insights on this thread

Peacefulpete said:

I suggest the gowing fad of Bible literalism in the USA actually makes the idea less atttractive to JWs who insist upon being unique.

In the late 90's and early 00's, I think I was paying a little bit more attention to the exponential growth of megachurchism in America than my fellow JW's were, and with this awareness came the sad realization that we were yesterday's news in the world of rebellious religious upstarts. My romantic notions of the uniqueness of JWism in comparison to wayward, immoral, don't-follow-the-Bible Christendom fizzled before my very eyes.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I could have been contender; I could have been sombody. Instead, I wasted my youth knocking doors with a one way ticket to Palookaville.
    I sense a screenplay in the works....................

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit