OK any Doberman lovers...Help me

by restrangled 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• restrangled
    restrangled

I am looking to "adopt" a new dog. I am a certified cat lover but have had 3 dogs in my life that my heart still aches for. My children are grown, my cat is 10 years old, and I need a new friend and companion.

I have had a Standard Poodle, English Bulldog, and a beautiful blond Doberman.

The Doberman was my dream dog. I had to give up my Doberman due to a move to a condominium that did not allow pets over 25 pounds. I am back at my home and would love to love a new dobe.

If anyone knows of a full grown doberman needing adoption please let me know.

r

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I Have a min pin puppy you can have!!!!

• zeroday
    zeroday

How about a miniture dob... They are so cute...

• restrangled
    restrangled

Dear sweet dog lovers,

Thanks for your wonderful offers, but I am looking for a full size dobe. Those small sweet darlings are real Pistols!!!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    Those small sweet darlings are real Pistols!!!

lol.......hence the offer!

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

In the UK we have specific breed rescue homes as well as the general rehoming shelters. They are run by owners and breeders of the specific breed and help to place the right dog in the right home. Do you have anything like that where you are? (try typing 'Dobermann rescue' into your search engine).

If you do have these, they'd probably be able to help place a dog which doesn't mind cats too!

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

I don't know here you live, but if you do a web search for "Doberman Rescue" and your area or state, you should find something.

Dobies are great. If I ever move to a place with a yard I hope to get one.

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

Yes, there are breed specific rescues here in the US that are set up per state or group of states such as N. E. if the area is smaller.

Also call the humane society as they use these breed specifc rescues as well. If they get a really nice animal within a certain breed they are sometimes sent to that rescue so call and ask them to put your name on a call list if one comes in.

Cab

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

AKC Doberman s link at DannyHaszard.com front page they are a 'moderately' aggressive breed do not let them loose.

Mine have a large fixed run with controlled dogie door egress so they can patrol and go potty at will.

• Synergy
    Synergy

go to www.nextdaypets.com and click on Dog Rescue, that's where I am adopting from. I wanted a wheaton terrier and I pick one up in two weeks, for free! So go on that and check it a couple times a day until you find what you want close enough to you. Also you can go to www.petfinder.org and search on that site. Good luck!

Renee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit