NEW BOOK Questions - Request for information.

by rassillon 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• rassillon
    rassillon

I have a couple of things I want to cover so I may edit this post but first.

Can I get a complete quote for Prof Brian Wilson as used in the first paragraph of chapter ten in the "Jehovah's Day" book?

I think it is from this book of his but I don't have a copy and I did not see it in my scan of the sample pages.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/reader/0415266106/ref=sib_dp_pt/202-8149678-7387808#reader-page

Thanks!

Page 115 par 9

Who of us has not said or done something unkinde and then later been confronted about it? We likely felt embarrassed or somewhat guilty. Such feelings can lead a person to deny an error or offer some "explanation" that twists the truth in order to excuse the wrong or make it appear correct. Or in an uncomfortable situation we might be tempted to mention only selected details, editing themto color the facts. Hence, what we say might technically be true yet give a totally different impression. While this may not be flagrant lying, such as is common in the world today, is it really 'speaking truth each one with his neighbor,' or brother? (Ephesians 4:15, 25; 1 Timothy 4:1, 2) When a christian phrases things in such a way that he inwardly knows is leading brothers to a wrong conclusion, to believe something that is really not true, not accurate, how do you think God feels?

• blondie
    blondie

Have you tried doing a google search? Without part of the quote, I can't try it myself.

Blondie

• cathyk
    cathyk

Not sure of the way to do this, but here's an image of the paragraph:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/file/44CF7FC2-10F5-491D-A27A-0F6DEB4B9C50.ashx

Cathy

• kgfreeperson
  • blondie
  • Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Hate to burst your bubble, but its the same old same old. JR Brown wasn't talking to a "Brother" when he said those half truths on the phone. He wasn't misleading a "Brother" just some worldly reporter. Look at your quote closer, "When a christian phrases things in such a way that he inwardly knows is leading brothers to a wrong conclusion, to believe something that is really not true, not accurate, how do you think God feels?

Its the same old theocrapic war strategy.

W.Once

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

That book was by Andrew Holden, not Bryan Wilson.

Bryan Wilson wrote quite a few articles on Witnesses for scholarly journals, but no complete book on them.

Previously the Society have quoted the following article on good Witness race relations in Africa:

Bryan R. Wilson, "Jehovah's Witnesses in Africa," New Society (12 July 1973)

or,

Bryan R. Wilson, "Jehovah's Witnesses in Kenya," Journal of Religion in Africa, 5( 2)128-149

• VM44
    VM44

"when a christian phrases things in such a way that he inwardly knows is leading brothers to a wrong conclusion, to believe something that is really not true, not accurate, how do you think God feels?"

Rutherford used the title "Judge" for about 40 years in promoting his publick talks. While he did fill as a substitute judge when the regular circuit judge was not available, it was only for a combined total of four days! Even Time magazine was mislead to think that Rutherford sat as a Judge for a a total of 14 years because of this exageration.

How do you think God feels about that?

--VM44

• rassillon
    rassillon

Slimboy, thanks for the correction. I was up late and doing other things. Plus I am pretty much a retard.

wasanelder, my viewpoint is that the society has for a long time misled the "brothers" and have demonstrably led them to wrong conclusions. I don't know how you got the idea this had anything to do with JR Brown.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Hi all,

A perfect example of the Society trying to decieve their own is the Insight book under Nebuchadnezzar. They quote from A.K. Graysons book Assyrian and Babylonian Chronology. But they insert their own date into his quote when there actually is no date reffered to in that statement on that page. However, in the preface of the book it refers to a totally different date that the expert suggests. One that is contrary to Watchtower teaching. This is another example of deciept. It is done over and over again!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit